Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Magazine organization in the safe

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 2A2Dend, Jun 18, 2016.

1. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

I'm not one for buying something I can make. The pistols are on fiberglass rods. The rods are centered and evenly spaced through the full length. The pistol rack stiffens the shelf, and keeps the pistols from bumping into each other. It's simple, and effective.

As you can see, my magazines are also mixed in. Magazines relative to the pistol are held in place with earth magnets that are screwed into the shelf. It works, but, I don't like it. I'm thinking of something "space-saving" and without buying it. Maybe you have a "home made" solution that you created.

Share your thoughts

mags.jpg

2. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Harbor Freight large and medium size magnets. Gorilla glued in place. Works great and cheap.

IMG_20160618_193435.jpg

3. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

I know you mentioned home made, this panel was purchased.

I think that this, or something similar could be made fairly easy with the right material. My wife said she could do it with her sewing machine. She actually DID make some of the pouches for me by sewing old molle panels onto some magazine holders I had laying around.

Any way, I got the panel here Wilde Custom Gear (http://www.wildecustomgear.com/)

I love it.

20160417_185254.jpg

4. 2A2Dend

@IheartSig
    I like the concept in design.
    I'll bookmark it as an option.
    Thanks

5. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

No problem man. For what its worth, prior to the above I actually DID make my own door organizer using a sheet of hook side Velcro material. I used magazine pouches that I had put the Velcro material on with the fabric glue. I got everything at Michaels.

Of course that all depends on what your door material is made out of.

cigars likes this.
  6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I don't have room in the safe for magazines.

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I keep pistol mag's in a couple of foam lined handgun boxes! I can make enough room for them in between the butt stocks on the floor.
    I only keep one basic load of three 30rnd AR mag's on the shelf.
    The rest of the shelf is taken up with optics, camera's, my best knives a few important papers.
    The door is taken! That's where my handguns reside.

8. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

People put magazines in safes? Why? :confused:

9. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I keep mine neatly organized next to the safe:D

IMG_0531_zps15qedsdl.jpg

10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Glad to see you remembered to blank out your name tapes this time!! :s0108: :s0155:

Because these days magazines (and ammo) are just as valuable & indispensable as the firearms they go to, plus mine are all loaded and stowed in mag carriers ready to go. o_O

IheartSig likes this.
  11. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Amen brother. Lol.

edslhead likes this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, mine are loaded and I have a teenage grandson and his friends and cousins over occasionally!:)

edslhead likes this.
  13. cigars

I have daughters.

IMG_20160611_121730.png

PDXSparky and Sgt Nambu like this.
  14. 2A2Dend

I decided to incorporate the pistol magazine into the top interior of the safe. 3/4"x4" plywood was cut to width, then 1/16"x4" (allowing 3/4" overhang) was attached to extend and catch the edges of the sidewall fireproof panels.
    The magazines (as mentioned previously) are held in place with Earth Magnets at a spacing of 1-3/8" on center. I'll pick up some matching felt to finish it off.

20160619_163847.jpg

IheartSig and edslhead like this.