JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not one for buying something I can make. The pistols are on fiberglass rods. The rods are centered and evenly spaced through the full length. The pistol rack stiffens the shelf, and keeps the pistols from bumping into each other. It's simple, and effective.

As you can see, my magazines are also mixed in. Magazines relative to the pistol are held in place with earth magnets that are screwed into the shelf. It works, but, I don't like it. I'm thinking of something "space-saving" and without buying it. Maybe you have a "home made" solution that you created.

Share your thoughts

mags.jpg

I know you mentioned home made, this panel was purchased.

I think that this, or something similar could be made fairly easy with the right material. My wife said she could do it with her sewing machine. She actually DID make some of the pouches for me by sewing old molle panels onto some magazine holders I had laying around.

Any way, I got the panel here Wilde Custom Gear (http://www.wildecustomgear.com/)

I love it.

20160417_185254.jpg

No problem man. For what its worth, prior to the above I actually DID make my own door organizer using a sheet of hook side Velcro material. I used magazine pouches that I had put the Velcro material on with the fabric glue. I got everything at Michaels.

Of course that all depends on what your door material is made out of.

I keep pistol mag's in a couple of foam lined handgun boxes! I can make enough room for them in between the butt stocks on the floor.
I only keep one basic load of three 30rnd AR mag's on the shelf.
The rest of the shelf is taken up with optics, camera's, my best knives a few important papers.
The door is taken! That's where my handguns reside.

I know you mentioned home made, this panel was purchased.

I think that this, or something similar could be made fairly easy with the right material. My wife said she could do it with her sewing machine. She actually DID make some of the pouches for me by sewing old molle panels onto some magazine holders I had laying around.

Any way, I got the panel here Wilde Custom Gear (http://www.wildecustomgear.com/)

I love it.

View attachment 298148

Glad to see you remembered to blank out your name tapes this time!! :s0108: :s0155:

People put magazines in safes? Why? :confused:

Because these days magazines (and ammo) are just as valuable & indispensable as the firearms they go to, plus mine are all loaded and stowed in mag carriers ready to go. o_O

I decided to incorporate the pistol magazine into the top interior of the safe. 3/4"x4" plywood was cut to width, then 1/16"x4" (allowing 3/4" overhang) was attached to extend and catch the edges of the sidewall fireproof panels.
The magazines (as mentioned previously) are held in place with Earth Magnets at a spacing of 1-3/8" on center. I'll pick up some matching felt to finish it off.

20160619_163847.jpg

I've been trying different things for handgun mags, and a rack. I'm still not happy.
I ordered a few of these to mount on the interior of the door.
This is hung from the top of the interior door panel.
**The red denotes 1/8" x 3/4" Mild Steel Flat Bar Stock.**

Door-Mag-Rack.png

Last Edited:
Harbor Freight large and medium size magnets. Gorilla glued in place. Works great and cheap.

View attachment 298147

I like that. I have a couple of the Rare Earth magnets from Harbor I bought years ago because they were so cheap and strong. At the time thought they would come in handy for something. Will have to see about using some to make a holder for mags in the safes. Now I have to find them again. I keep seeing them when looking for other stuff, thinking I need to find something to do with them :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top