JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M92 every day of the week over the Romanian junk.

^ Agreed. I'd add a WASR I had years ago was one of the worst POS rifles I've ever owned. Perhaps it was not representative of the line in general, but I won't waste my time with another one.

Yeah. I just honestly have a hard time getting fingerprinted and passport photos and such.

If you have a Walgreens in your area, they take the photos quickly, at little cost, and they're open at convenient times. And fingerprints can be "roll your own" if you don't want to go to an FFL or the police department. Requesting the cards is easy and free. Silencer Shop (SS) now offers a Form 1 service <broken link removed> , which would make it easy if there is <broken link removed> near you.

After 41F happened, the Mrs and I (our NFA goodies are via a Trust) just went up to "the city" and got the photos and fingerprints to keep on file. An additional annoyance, yes, but in the grand scheme of things no biggie.

Last Edited:
Most Yugo rifles arent Yugo rifles. They are Century built rifles built from worn out Bosnian war beaten up and mismatched parts kits. Real Yugo rifles are top notch in quality compared to anything Romanian and even Russian. Only thing "better" being the Finnish made variants.
Well this makes sense... The only thing I have reservations about with my Yugo is the lack of a chromed bore. It has been demonstrated that chromed bores waaay outlast non-chrome, probably because they have that hard surface and handle corrosive ammo and less cleaning. The Finn variants you speak of would be the Valmets, yes? I can remember when the Valmet was the only AK type available (at high cost) in the US. Robin Williams used one in the 1983 movie "The Survivors". Good weapon, kinda dumb libtard movie tho.

Wasr's were originally thought of as junk when they hit the US market. But in the 90s everyone said Aks were not accurate and junk, I liked them I had 10(AK's) The M92 is only an option for me if it has the brace (screw the BATFE and their flip flopping). Trying to accurately shoot an Ak pistol is difficult without a brace or stock. I suggest the KAK shockwave blade for the M92 since your allergic to rubber.
The wasrs are good rifles not high end, check for cracks in rivets and canted sights, but M92s came with canted sights also. Canted sights isnt a bad thing as far as the rifle functioning propperly, but does mean the build process was rushed.
I like the WASR and SAR1 rifles. But I have 2 Norinco MAK90s, 1 NHM-91 and a PTR91-32R Pistol in 7.62x39 with a thorsden custom cheekrest, so im looking for a Vepr or Arsenal or my dream gun a Valmet (finnish AK).

I prefer the WASR over the Yugos,mainly because of the interchangeabilty of stocks.
Yugos are weird.:p
I have one WASR,sold my NPAP.
Of course,anything CHICOM beats either,in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top