Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

$550-750.00 Used CAI WASR-10's

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by desmocorse996, Mar 5, 2011.

1. desmocorse996

desmocorse996 Vancouver, WA Member

Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to notice the USED WASR-10 AK's & pimped (bubblegummed) SKS's in certain on-line forums going for $550.00 - 750.00?

My question is who in their right mind would buy a USED CAI WASR-10 for $750.00 when you can order a NEW one via mail order for $399.00-429.00 range. (Not counting $25.00 shipping and $15-25 FFL Transfer and tax if in Wa.) I could see that some are trying to recoup their tax/shipping, but honestly, with a used item, I don't see this as realistic. When you sell a used car... you can't get away with this.

My thoughts on this are if I am going to spend around $800.00 or more on an AK build - I would order a standard new $399-429.00 AK from an on-line supplier and have a custom stainless barrel and new receiver made, re-blue it, and do it right. Or if I really wanted to be "off the hook" I would have a certain friend of mine make me a Krinkov SBR with folding stock... (Or just go with the 16" barrel inside the faux suppressor and then I wouldn't have to worry about the SBR permit.)

Not that I am considering this... ;) - If my wife found out, the bribe to keep it would be pretty costly - Ikea visits, Fabric stores, and then she would probably say - I love MY cute little rifle... :laugh:

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe the buyers can't or don't want a background check and are willing to pay the premium...?

I just bought an Arsenal Saiga SGL-21 and I think it is one of the best AK's I have ever owned. I have had a WASR 10 underfolder, a Bulgarian milled AK, and two preban Norincos. They all work equally well and it comes down to personal preference on fit and finish and stocks and such.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

But are they really selling for those prices?

4. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

BINGO ! Askin' and gettin' are two different animals........

5. gunpowder

gunpowder michigan New Member

i have found that between mc sports and dunhams, you can get a wasr 10 double stack for a little over four out the door. catch them on sale, even better

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i spend a lot of time on different auction sites..... buying mostly,but also checking prices . one good one to go to for "eye candy" is "auction arms" . look up at the top of page and click on live auction (going-going-gone) then you'll see what "trlsmn" is talking about . a gun is only worth what (your) willing to pay for it ...... not what the other guy is willing to pay for it ! almost all guns that i watch go through at high prices ........ don't sell !! but you have to realize these guns will pop back up the next morning at the same price for another 7-10 days .they just keep rotating or until you have a price drop . "auction arms" doesn't get paid until you get payed !

hope that takes the "STING" out a little.....steven