JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to notice the USED WASR-10 AK's & pimped (bubblegummed) SKS's in certain on-line forums going for $550.00 - 750.00?

My question is who in their right mind would buy a USED CAI WASR-10 for $750.00 when you can order a NEW one via mail order for $399.00-429.00 range. (Not counting $25.00 shipping and $15-25 FFL Transfer and tax if in Wa.) I could see that some are trying to recoup their tax/shipping, but honestly, with a used item, I don't see this as realistic. When you sell a used car... you can't get away with this.

My thoughts on this are if I am going to spend around $800.00 or more on an AK build - I would order a standard new $399-429.00 AK from an on-line supplier and have a custom stainless barrel and new receiver made, re-blue it, and do it right. Or if I really wanted to be "off the hook" I would have a certain friend of mine make me a Krinkov SBR with folding stock... (Or just go with the 16" barrel inside the faux suppressor and then I wouldn't have to worry about the SBR permit.)

Not that I am considering this... ;) - If my wife found out, the bribe to keep it would be pretty costly - Ikea visits, Fabric stores, and then she would probably say - I love MY cute little rifle... :s0114:

Maybe the buyers can't or don't want a background check and are willing to pay the premium...?

I just bought an Arsenal Saiga SGL-21 and I think it is one of the best AK's I have ever owned. I have had a WASR 10 underfolder, a Bulgarian milled AK, and two preban Norincos. They all work equally well and it comes down to personal preference on fit and finish and stocks and such.

i spend a lot of time on different auction sites..... buying mostly,but also checking prices . one good one to go to for "eye candy" is "auction arms" . look up at the top of page and click on live auction (going-going-gone) then you'll see what "trlsmn" is talking about . a gun is only worth what (your) willing to pay for it ...... not what the other guy is willing to pay for it ! almost all guns that i watch go through at high prices ........ don't sell !! but you have to realize these guns will pop back up the next morning at the same price for another 7-10 days .they just keep rotating or until you have a price drop . "auction arms" doesn't get paid until you get payed !

hope that takes the "STING" out a little.....steven

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top