JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to save up and get a wasr since it sounds like most problems of QC have been fixed in their new production versions. If i am shopping around online and find a good deal on one from a gun store, how can i tell its a new production and not just an old production pos just floating around? Thanks

I am going to save up and get a wasr since it sounds like most problems of QC have been fixed in their new production versions. If i am shopping around online and find a good deal on one from a gun store, how can i tell its a new production and not just an old production pos just floating around? Thanks
New wasrs will have the cheap crap wood CAI puts on it for 922r purposes, it'll have the blonde look. IMHO, if you get a new one find surplus Romanian wood and replace the wood that the new wasr comes with.

That is to say, the wasr-10/63 wasn't really that bad (canted sights are fine if you can still zero, arsenals cost more and still have those), rough actions in my experience were due to the crapco G2 trigger (now they have CAI's RAK-1 trigger), and after a while the magwell cuts stopped being so bad. A little wobble is not a problem, AKs are gonna have that in general with surplus steel magazines. The tightest magazine fit I've had so far was with tapco (I don't ever use em, just came with the trade), and KCI magazines before fitting them in.
Who is producing the new WASR?
Cugir Arms in Romania is still producing the wasrs.
Its still century arms. I guess a few years ago though they stepped up their QC so the newer production wasrs are better quality.
Century Arms only imports the wasr, and cuts the magwell. Also adds the 922r parts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top