JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I grew up on the SKS. (Seriously, most folks heads would explode when they learn the age I had my dad buy my first for me.) I got it in '94 I think. Might have been '93.

I have an NHM-91 which is a fine AK, albeit a bit large.

I am debating which to purchase next. Part of me likes the idea of an AK pistol. I can't say why, because I am not sure.

Side note: I will not be purchasing an arm brace. I am allergic to rubber so those are out. I will not be shouldering a pistol if I get one unless I pay a tax stamp on it and get permission first to SBR it. There will be no shouldering of a brace here if that plays into your thoughts on the matter.

Luckily the M92 craze has died down and the prices arent over inflated like 90% of the AKs on the market now. Id say get the M92, there are so many parts on the market you can customize it or leave it be and all for a decent price.

Seems like Wasrs are now $700+ as are nearly every other AK variant.. which is just ridiculous.

People will rip you off with the Vepr rifles at the moment. The hype is going to drive the price up. But as we saw with saigas.. Once the hype died down the prices dropped a little.. Id say forget about the vepr for now..

I only have two ak's now but got rid of a lot in trades. I feel like sharing my thoughts on this...

If you can find a wasr with good rivets, straight barrel housing, gas block, and front sight post...just buy the wasr.

I very much dislike Serbian work. My npap is rare in that everything about it is gtg, but I have seen so many serb rifles have horrible axis pin holes. Upside to the serb akm pistols is us machine has a lot of options to sbr them.

Quality of forged trunnions... Romanian wasrs are very tough.

If you can find a wasr with good rivets, straight barrel housing, gas block, and front sight post...just buy the wasr.

I had a WASR10 that was 100% reliable. I put a Tapco retaining plate in it ($6), and it was reliable "minute of man" offhand out to 100 yards and beyond. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have nothing bad to say about the WASR10. The only reason I sold it is, I prefer the 5.45x39 cartridge in the AK type of rifle.

I had a WASR10 that was 100% reliable. I put a Tapco retaining plate in it ($6), and it was reliable "minute of man" offhand out to 100 yards and beyond. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have nothing bad to say about the WASR10. The only reason I sold it is, I prefer the 5.45x39 cartridge in the AK type of rifle.
Absolutely. A wasr is truly battle ready.

M92 every day of the week over the Romanian junk. Ive owned and handled numbers that don't seem real to most people and the Yugo junk is top shelf compared to the WASR's.

I grew up on the SKS. (Seriously, most folks heads would explode when they learn the age I had my dad buy my first for me.) I got it in '94 I think. Might have been '93.

I have an NHM-91 which is a fine AK, albeit a bit large.

I am debating which to purchase next. Part of me likes the idea of an AK pistol. I can't say why, because I am not sure.

Side note: I will not be purchasing an arm brace. I am allergic to rubber so those are out. I will not be shouldering a pistol if I get one unless I pay a tax stamp on it and get permission first to SBR it. There will be no shouldering of a brace here if that plays into your thoughts on the matter.

I'm sorry.
I still cant get past the part where you told us ''I am allergic to rubber''. :D

I'm sorry.
I still cant get past the part where you told us ''I am allergic to rubber''. :D
Laugh if you must, but I have an anaphylactic latex allergy. In other words, I go into shock on contact. I have known about the allergy since about age 4. Trust me when I say I have heard every joke and don't care.

In this case, with the ATF ruling on shouldering rubber braces it seems relevant as buying an m92 seems even more appealing if you can shoulder a brace. I can't.

I think I got a pretty decent deal on the VEPR. I am aware I am going to have to make some conversions. I still will probably get an m92 at some point, but I wanted to jump on the VEPR before a major price increase. In fact I found one that I debated buying numerous times for the same price.

Laugh if you must, but I have an anaphylactic latex allergy. In other words, I go into shock on contact. I have known about the allergy since about age 4. Trust me when I say I have heard every joke and don't care.

In this case, with the ATF ruling on shouldering rubber braces it seems relevant as buying an m92 seems even more appealing if you can shoulder a brace. I can't.

I think I got a pretty decent deal on the VEPR. I am aware I am going to have to make some conversions. I still will probably get an m92 at some point, but I wanted to jump on the VEPR before a major price increase. In fact I found one that I debated buying numerous times for the same price.
You could always get the shockwave brace, its polymer. Avoids the whole rubber worry of the current braces on the market.. And those rubber braces are large and clunky anyway.

US machine gun has an awesome, solid adapter and folding adapter setup (with the shockwave brace). He even sells it all in one kit.

You could always get the shockwave brace, its polymer. Avoids the whole rubber worry of the current braces on the market.. And those rubber braces are large and clunky anyway.

US machine gun has an awesome, solid adapter and folding adapter setup (with the shockwave brace). He even sells it all in one kit.
Interesting, some of the sites I looked at listed the shockwave as having a rubber fin. I may do an SBR, but frankly, the NFA wait time is absurd.

The almighty Wasr gets my vote. Just replace the crap wood century used with decent furniture.

Huh. What else is banned? Anyone know? I've got a couple of combloc rifles, is it time to stock up on mags & ammo?
Anything from China, as we all know, and anything Kalashnikov Concern. As usual, once banned it normally stays banned. So much for pro-gun politicians right?

Long wait time but time will pass no matter what.
Easy for you to say... Even if its a few days when I order something, a few days turns into what feels like years. :(

I dunno why some folks have a case of the bubblegum over Yugo rifles. I bought a Mitchell Arms Yugo made in Kragujevak PRIOR to "The Ban" and have never had any trouble with it.. it has been a reliable and stalwart companion since sometime in the mid-1980's... It has eaten everything Ive fed it over the years, and accurate for an AK also if I must say..:p

I dunno why some folks have a case of the bubblegum over Yugo rifles. I bought a Mitchell Arms Yugo made in Kragujevak PRIOR to "The Ban" and have never had any trouble with it.. it has been a reliable and stalwart companion since sometime in the mid-1980's... It has eaten everything Ive fed it over the years, and accurate for an AK also if I must say..:p

Most Yugo rifles arent Yugo rifles. They are Century built rifles built from worn out Bosnian war beaten up and mismatched parts kits. Real Yugo rifles are top notch in quality compared to anything Romanian and even Russian. Only thing "better" being the Finnish made variants.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads