JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you have time..
call them make it your civic duty....they are not hard to.visit and talk to.....one citizen visiting and talking to them is equivalent to 500 citizens writing in. I interned for Bob Packwoods office and I learned alot of what letters, calls and visits mean.

Probably means, in political speak, "We've already made up our minds, but we're going to pretend we're still listening, so as to appear fair and balanced. F--k all you crazy gun-owning nutjobs! We'll get you sooner rather than later. The supreme commander has spoken!"

Got to keep the comments to them going!

I have written my reps for Wa. due to I can't hear on telephones so I am left with e-mailing them and hope this gets through to them. I know their underlings preview them & delete the ones they deem unworthy for their eyes.... Here is my e-mails to all 3 Democrat reps (ALL ARE ANTI-GUN ZEALOTS) but it needs to be said...

Dear Sen. *******, I write this plea for sanity in our nation's capital as Americans are under attack by a back door gun control movement from our president.

I, like millions of law abiding Americas see this as an attack on our Second Amendment rights under the guise of law enforcement safety. There has been no documentation that this ammunition has killed or wounded any law enforcement officers to date.

Take a look at the2005 ATF regulation guide, they made the green tip ammunition exempt of the armor piercing rules and is legal. Why now are they changing the rules? The ATF has already added the ban into the 2014 ATF Regulation Guide saying it was a publishing error, right.

I urge you and other Washington representatives to join us in our quest to keep our Second Amendment rights intact. Voting the party line is not always the right thing to do so please be respectful and represent ALL of the people in your district, that you swore an oath to protect.

Regards, Caveman Jim

It will be interesting to see if prices on M855 actually start coming back down again. Looking at how .22lr is still scarce and still overpriced in most cases over 2 years out from SH, I wonder if the panic has taken hold for the long term and M855 will remain a scarce and overpriced resource even with today's announcement. I think we all know this isn't over as far as the ATF is concerned, and this is only a hiccup in their plans. But I do wonder if the days of reasonably priced M855 are basically over. Now that folks know the round is a target by the administration, it will likely stay that way for a long time, just like .22lr.

So, which round do we get to worry about next? 7.62x39? 7.62x54? 9mm? .380acp? ;)

I'm curious about the number of emails they've received. 80,000 sounds like a lot, but in reality, it's only a small percentage of the number gun owners out there. The NRA, last I checked, was in at over 5,000,000 members. That amounts to about 2% of all NRA members if we figure one email per member. And that doesn't account for all the folks that are gun owners, but not part of the NRA. It's estimated there are 80,000,000 to 100,000,000 gun owners in this country. So where the hell are they? Why doesn't the ATF have hundreds of thousands, or even millions of emails?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for this bump in the road for the ATF, but damn, why can't we get more folks to even sit on their butts and write a simple email? Is it that they don't care? Too apathetic? Aren't paying attention? Just don't give a sh!t? I'm just sorry to see such a lackluster performance on behalf of a nation of gun owners. And you know damn well there are millions of AR's out there. Does anyone really believe only 80,000 people own all of those rifles?

Sorry for the rant, but the numbers just really are disappointing.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top