JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me thinks Firearms Academy of Seattle, and Insights does type of thing.

There is a local group over on M4Carbine.net that gets together every now and then for some training.

I did a class last Sept. for a group. No cost, kind of one of those get togethers where everyone has input to what they are wanting.

Yes for the last 14 years OFA has been offering a two-day Defensive Carbine course. When you say "local" I guess that means the group of students who traveled 12 hours one way from Montana to attend last year's course would say it is local as would those from the Idaho Nat Gaurd who came as well.

It is a very comprehensive class for two days and we are one of the very few places where we have factory trained armorers on site to work on student guns, slings, sights etc. We'll cover the entire spectrum of carbines from ballistics, defensive manual of arms, room clearing, tactics, factory recommendations for care/cleaning, appropriate accessories, moving drills, establishing a combat zero, shooting around various cover, moving threats/non-threats, dynamic threats (non-static), and team tactics.

Sometimes if we have extra time we'll even do a world tour of defensive carbines which is an OFA variation of how the SF does a multiple weapon orientation to dignitaries or visiting officers when they visit SF training at the JFK School of Warfare.

The class even draws instructors from other schools from other states.

It is popular as the June class has been full since October '09. So we just opened up the July course. It will fill so give us a call if you're serious.

I would recommend Marty and FAS ( Firearms Academy of Seattle),have been through some of his courses. Learned alot and had fun at the same time,he has good instructors with a very nice facility.
RK

I've taken the 2-day carbine course at both Oregon Firearms Academy and Firearms Academy of Seattle. Both were great. Clearly FAS is a lot closer to you, so that's probably a major factor to consider. Marty and his team at FAS are great instructors, as are Dan and the gang at OFA.

The biggest difference between the two are the range facilities. FAS has a much larger facility which allows for longer distances.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top