JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the extractor is stuck/sticky it may not allow the rim to slip under and against the breech face, resulting in a nose high feed jam. But once the case is in there, that extractor is a tight mofo, and "extraction" from the chamber is no prob Bob. Sometimes (rarely) erratic ejection can be a problem if the extractor is holding the rim too tight when the ejector strikes the case head.

If you can lock slide back and work a case into position against the breech face, it'll probably chamber that round when you release slide. And extract it when fired.
Ok so is the extractor supposed to some or slight movement when pressing on it with the slide open and or closed? Mine has zero movement whether the slide is open or closed.

I'd take the slide off the gun, take the extractor out and clean up extractor, spring, plunger and tunnel, and put back together before doing one more dern thing.
Well finally got time to tear down the slide. The extractor and everything around it was very clean though I still brushed it out and wiped everything down. Still have the FTF issues. Next move call S&W and send it to them. Even had an armorer at the indoor range I go to take it out and shoot it. He said this is the craziest thing he's seen. Then it's going bye bye!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads