JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else experience problems with their XD SC?

I have 1 regular mag and 3 extended and the problems seems to happen with all of them.

I have taken her out 3 times the last month and used blazer brass, winchester white box, savier and bellot. All fmj round nose.

Every variation I try, it still jams every 3rd or 4th shot, almost like clock work. The slide gets stuck back from a failed feed. I pull the slide back 1/2 CM and release and it chambers the failed feed easily. It's not the slide release that holds the slide back, just the jammed cartridge.

What's weird is that the first three times I took this pistol out to fire, there wasn't a single problem.

I'm just confused because it never happens back to back or further spread out, always every 3rd or 4th shot.

I've been shooting for 10 years and i'm burly. I really don't want to believe that I'm limp wristing.

With your troubleshooting and ammo/mag swaps. Only thing I can think of is friction on the magazine lips or feed ramp. The squarish profile of some 40 Cal bullets may slow things down enough to lock the slide up. Any markings on the extracted casings?

Round count? Maybe a little break in necessary?

Last Edited:
It's you.

I have two subcompact XD's, one 9mm and the other .40.

You are limp wristing it. I can run really light reloads and only when I LW the gun it fails to feed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top