JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was out shooting the other day and used the screwdriver on my Leatherman Wave the try to remove the flash hider on my buddy's AR by putting the blade through the slots (I forgot my AR tool). Needless to say, the screwdriver blade broke.

Today I stopped by the Leatherman store at Cascade Station to see about a warranty repair. I handed the tool to the lady behind the counter and said "I broke the screwdriver". She replied "Yep, you did", threw my old one in a bin, grabbed a new one from another bin and handed it to me. That was it, no questions, no paperwork, no problems.

Great customer service from Leatherman!

Yep great company - many years ago I sent my "Leatherman' in for repair/replacement. I say 'Leatherman' because it was a 1st Gen with a real LEATHER sheath - no cute name just 'Leatherman' . They replaced it with a Blast - and this was like after 20 years!! I lost the Blast and replaced it with a Wave - which I really like.

I've done this 3 times. Once dropped off one for a friend.
Everytime they gave me a brand new (upgraded) leatherman no questions asked.
I have bought some extra ones just because of that.
That says a lot about a company

I have been EDCing a Leatherman folding knife for a few weeks and like it a lot. Holds a good edge (and I abuse it), has a blade and #2 philips screwdrivers, and the slide out lanyard loop doubles as a bottle opener! Bought a couple of them at Cascade Station when Leatherman got out of the knife business.

I own several, great company! Once while sitting around a fire down by Seaside I actually found an original Leatherman under a log. Ran it through the dishwasher and coated it with Froglube and it was like new. But no sheath........so I called Leatherman to buy one. They wouldn't hear of it and sent me a leather sheath free! Amazing. :)

I have had the same experience multiple times with Leatherman. I finally switched to a Super Tool 300 and have gone 2 or so years before needing a fix up!

I use mine in real world conditions, almost daily if not weekly. Good Product, I mean GOOOOD!

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Now if they would only make one the way I wanted it.

I still carry my PS-II from the '80's. In that little black leather pouch with the brass snap that says:

L
E
A
T
H
E
R
M
A
N
on it.
To me it also says, whenever I see one on a belt, "Here's a fellow that knows how to fix stuff and get 'er done."

I have a Charge Ti in my SHTF bag but it's the old PS-II that gets carried every day.

Leatherman, ProTech knives and Silencerco suppressors, three companies who know how to treat customers: like lifelong friends.

I still carry my PS-II from the '80's. In that little black leather pouch with the brass snap that says:

L
E
A
T
H
E
R
M
A
N
on it.

Yep, that is the pouch they mailed me for FREE even when they knew I didn't buy the tool but found it in the sand :)
It usually rides in the "glove box" in my old 99 Vette.......you never know when you might need your Leatherman.

This mentioning of tool pouches reminds me that I buy them at the Leatherman store in Cascade Station. I use one to carry two Ruger LCP mags and another to carry an eight rnd, pinky extension for my Sig P290RS. They wear like iron, very well made! They're also unobtrusive and very inexpensive. I carry the Sig mag pouch everyday, all day and it looks like new! SRG

This mentioning of tool pouches reminds me that I buy them at the Leatherman store in Cascade Station. I use one to carry two Ruger LCP mags and another to carry an eight rnd, pinky extension for my Sig P290RS. They wear like iron, very well made! They're also unobtrusive and very inexpensive. I carry the Sig mag pouch everyday, all day and it looks like new! SRG

:s0101: Thanks for this idea. I remembered I had a pouch that came with my Wave that sits in my closet not used because I keep the tool in my truck, just checked and discovered it fits both PPQ 15 and 17 round mags perfectly. Can now easily carry a spare mag on my person without yet another purchase. Kudos.

Great Thread!! I read it this morning and remembered my Daughter bought me a Skeletool that I somehow spread the beltclip on so it wouldn't stay tight on my belt. I took it to their store and the Lady just smiled and gave me another one. I have three other leatherman tools and would not hesitate to buy another, especially after such a good experience.:)

:s0101: Thanks for this idea. I remembered I had a pouch that came with my Wave that sits in my closet not used because I keep the tool in my truck, just checked and discovered it fits both PPQ 15 and 17 round mags perfectly. Can now easily carry a spare mag on my person without yet another purchase. Kudos.

Thanks Scoot, I was pretty danged pleased with myself at the time! LOL!!!:D

I worked there from 1993-2002 and they have always had a great return policy. I saw one tool that had been dropped in a bucket of rock salt and left for around 3 years had holes all the way through it. they sent him a new one. You can run it over with a tank and you will get a new one. I also saw once where someone sent in a knock off tool for repair they sent them a brand new Leatherman tool. When I was first working there they had a repair dept and would disassemble every tool and repair and replace what needed to be replaced and send it back. They realized after many years just sending a new one off the assembly line would save a ton of money and manpower. Awesome company I still have about 16 tools and even a gold plated 10th anniversary pst 1 in a plaque.

Yep great company - many years ago I sent my "Leatherman' in for repair/replacement. I say 'Leatherman' because it was a 1st Gen with a real LEATHER sheath - no cute name just 'Leatherman' . They replaced it with a Blast - and this was like after 20 years!! I lost the Blast and replaced it with a Wave - which I really like.

I had the same one--bought it in the early 80's and it went everywhere with me. Then a few years ago some scumbag stole it out of my desk at work but left me the sheath. I bought a new one, but it's just not the same--loved the original: simple yet elegant.

Ok give me a minute to spoon feed you all. 1 minute on google...
This is OLD news - I'm surprised everyone doesn't already know.
He donates to the democratic party...on more than one occasion...

And after supporting Kerry Edwards and figuring out that people didn't appreciate it... tried to back peddal.
He supported anti gun Kerry Edwards in 2004...evidenced by signing this...

September 14, 2004

Dear Fellow Americans:

We are business leaders in the outdoor industry and we have come together because we can no longer be silent. Outdoor businesses depend on abundant and available recreation opportunities so our customers can enjoy outdoor activities. In return, outdoor businesses employ over a million Americans, contribute $18 billion to the U.S. economy and work together to promote an active and healthy lifestyle to the 149 million Americans who love the great American outdoors.

In our opinion increasing the number of venues for active outdoor recreation, staunchly protecting the environment, bolstering recreation and conservation funding to our public land agencies and reducing health care costs go hand-in-hand. They are essential for the health and well being of the outdoor industry and its customers.

Senators John Kerry and John Edwards share our values and goals. They know that promoting active outdoor recreation promotes good health. They know that proactively protecting and supporting public lands for recreational use means future generations will enjoy them too. They know that improving the quality of the air we breathe and the water we drink is not negotiable for any industry or business in America. They know that health care costs will continue to increase unless we are united in reducing obesity in America.

John Kerry and John Edwards are committed to preserving our national parks for the benefit of current and future generations. President Bush has promoted policies that break that commitment and endanger the future sustainability of our national parks. President Bush’s policies have severely under-funded our national parks resulting in rampant understaffing, site closures, elimination of visitor education programs and neglected cultural and natural resource preservation, demonstrating indifference towards unsafe trails, unclear facilities and the growing shortage of safety staff.

As importantly, the Bush administration has rolled back basic environmental protections that undermine parks including:

- Rolling back Clean Air Act requirements that ensure visibility and healthy visits to our national parks.

- Eliminating federal protections for our public lands that will allow mining, logging and development in national forests.

- Slashing the Land and Water Conservation Fund, which enables the National Park Service to acquire new land and protect and enhance existing parks facilities.

In contrast John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to protect the scenic landscapes and vistas for the appreciation of future generations through rigorous enforcement of clean air and water regulations and will preserve the resources that embody our cultural heritage through committed funding for parks operations by:

* Increasing the operating budget of the National Park Service by $600 million will put our parks back on the path toward recovery and restoration. We will pay for this important objective by modernizing the sale of mineral rights and using the revenue generated to increase the operating budgets of our national parks.

We know that Senator Kerry is a champion on the environmental issues that are central to our industry and customers. We also believe that Senator Kerry's economic and health care policies will keep our businesses competitive and health care affordable.

Therefore, we the undersigned are proud to endorse Senator Kerry as the next President of the United States.

Sincerely,

Lee Fromson, president, Cascade Designs (Seattle, WA)

Peter Bragden, vice president, general counsel, Columbia Sportswear (Portland, Oregon)

Menno Van Wyk, CEO, Montrail (Seattle, WA)

Paul Fish, president, Mountain Gear (Spokane, WA)

Carn Nielsen, vice president, Mountain Gear (Spokane, WA)

Dan Nordstrom, CEO, Outdoor Research (Seattle, WA)

Jeff Bowman, vice president, Cascade Designs (Seattle, WA)

Doug Phillips, president, Metolius Climbing (Bend, OR)

Tim Leatherman, president, Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. (Portland, OR)

Dunham Gooding, president, American Alpine Institute, Ltd (Bellingham, WA)

Larry Harrison, president, Earth Games (San Clemente, CA)

Jim Clark, CEO, Watermark (Arcata, CA)

Steve Barker, CEO, Eagle Creek Travel Gear (San Diego, CA)

Peter Metcalf, CEO, Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, Utah)

Ashley Korenblat, president, Western Spirit Cycling (Moab, Utah)

Mike Wallenfels, vice president, Mountain Hardware (Richmond, CA)

Roody Rasmussen, CEO, Petzl America (Clearfield, UT)

Tony Post, president, Vibram (Concord, MA)

Kelly Stone, director sales and marketing, Werner Paddles (Seattle, WA)

Joe Hyer, president, Alpine Experience (Olympia, WA)

Mike Sullivan, president, Sullivan Agency (Wimberley, TX)

Bob Olsen, president, Peregrine Outfitters (Williston, VT)

Michael Crooke, CEO, Patagonia (Ventura, CA)

Brian Bennett, director national accounts, Patagonia (Ventura, CA)

Adam Forest, managing partner, The Forest Group (Lotus, CA)

Gordon Seabury, president, Horny Toad Activewear (Santa Barbara, CA)

Paul Gagner, vice president, Gregory Mountain Products (Temecula, CA)

Tom Campion, founder and chairman, Zumiez Inc. (Everett, WA)

Malcolm Daly, president, Trango (Boulder, CO)

Rodney Smith, president, American Outdoor Products (Boulder, CO)

Joan Keller, president, Le Travel Store (San Diego, CA)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads