JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Once you buy a gun your pretty much committed to it like a marriage....tough to get out from under it without taking a big loss no matter how nice it is :s0092: Do your homework and don't rush in to get to many. Hmmm, what am I going to shoot today? I guess it could be a worse problem. bahabaha! :s0044:

I think that they are a fair number of folks trying to get away from gun ownership because of the crazy new laws. And right now people are looking for the dollars for the Christmas presents.

Once you buy a gun your pretty much committed to it like a marriage....tough to get out from under it without taking a big loss no matter how nice it is :s0092: Do your homework and don't rush in to get to many. Hmmm, what am I going to shoot today? I guess it could be a worse problem. bahabaha! :s0044:
Let me know the next time you have guns to sell. I like buying them that way.:rolleyes: Actually, the only time i saw this happen was when a buddy tried to sell a remington 710 at a gunshow. There may be an art to buying and selling. Expecting to get what you pay for a really cheap rifle, when you pay full retail, just doesnt cut it. The same can be said when you buy a full on custom. Or when you build a full on custom. Those guys will lose money, when they sell. Knowing what to buy and when to buy, comes with many years of experience.

Last Edited:
I've sold or traded many guns.
A few of the reasons :
It just didn't really fit where I wanted my collection to go...
Found one in better condition...
No longer had any interest in said gun...
Wanted to help someone out in their start of gun collecting...

There are of course guns in my collection , that are not to be sold or traded...I hope to one day pass these on to someone who will appreciate them...A few of them are not really worth much dollar wise , but they have far more worth in the memories of their use or how I got them.

I have also been known to trade a high dollar value gun for a lesser value gun , just 'cause I like the lesser value gun better , or it was more useful to me , than the higher value gun.
"Value" or worth , to me , means more than a dollar amount.

I have noticed that at different times of the year , certain guns can be a "tough sell"...And that what a gun sold for at one time and place , may not be a accurate indication of the current pricing.
( Don't count on the "value" going up... )

In short , my experience has shown me that at least in my area , gun owners are a fickle lot , who want to buy cheap and sell dear.
Andy

If I had money, there would be fewer for sale. There are several beautiful old rifles for sale right now.
I tried to love another Glock and then I remember they're cold blooded b**ches and have no soul.
But to get out from under it and turn it into the gun I'm trying to raise capital for, I'll likely have to take a bath on it. But it's a Glock, so...

If I had money, there would be fewer for sale. There are several beautiful old rifles for sale right now.
I tried to love another Glock and then I remember they're cold blooded b**ches and have no soul.
But to get out from under it and turn it into the gun I'm trying to raise capital for, I'll likely have to take a bath on it. But it's a Glock, so...

So? What are these beautiful old rifles you speak of? I have some money. I just don't know what the rifle is yet! And at this time I'm am so into old oil soaked wood and old steel my heart aches when I look at guns I DON'T have the money for. :cool:

I bought a rifle (last year) that was listed on this site, that was right in your area. I sold the scope for $350.00. Now im into the rifle for $450. That doesnt even include the 4 boxes of ammo the awesome seller threw in for free. Probably $120.00 worth of ammo. Ive had guys on another site offer me what i paid for the combo. Just for the rifle. I declined the offers, but know when I sell it, i wont be losing money. Theres a lot of great deals out there right now. However, when buying, you also need to think about how easy something will be to sell, if you ever get into a bind.

Over the course of my life I've sold two guns, a GP100 and a Polytech AKM legend, and I gave one Blackhawk 45LC to a friend.... I regret every one and wish I could turn back time (all those years ago) and not do that.

Now I only purchase/acquire guns, I will NEVER sell/give/turn in one.... ever.

I have been buying like crazy for 2 years.

Usually I buy new parts/frames on clearance or blemish. Most used prices are higher than I am willing to pay, and I don't like haggling.

I don't like trying to think fast about what I want or making deals in person or gun shows. Usually regret whatever I buy, compared to doing weeks of research before buying online.

I lose money on all my sales. I don't like screwing people, especially fellow gun owners, and a hundred or so here or there isn't worth the stress of worrying that I oversold a gun.

I just traded a p2000sk for a p2000. Mine had some serious holster wear, but I included $220 worth of hardware and a $100 holster.

Good trade IMO.

I usually believe the people posting WTBs are looking for a screaming deal. "Hey man, I can't afford that. I'm looking for my first gun and I really like your LNIB python. Would you take $500?"

Either way the number of guns in America is steadily increasing while the number of gun owners isn't keeping up pace. What does that mean? You're trying to sell someone, especially here, their... 15th gun? What's the buyers motivation? Collecting or "that's cool" factor probably more than anything. That firearm being offered for sale better be exactly what they want, or on deep, deep discount.

I love me some CZs.... I'm not gonna pay close to retail for a used one with some CGW upgrades and no magazines. I've already got 15. I'm also keeping my eye out for an HK45. I'm not paying double retail because someone decided to buy 3 extra factory HK threaded barrels(unfired! :rolleyes:), 10 HK factory mags, and they won't break up the set.

If someone is selling a Honda Civic with a wing and a fart can muffler installed by Vin Diesel himself, it's still worth about as much as a used Civic to most people. Maybe less because Vin introduced reliability issues with that non-OEM muffler. There is always the case of a sucker born every day.

Basic market rules are in full effect. The market doesn't want what is offered, lower the price until the product sells.

Many of the guns that I really want to buy..."play hard to get" , or just aren't made any more...
For instance I would like to buy a Mossberg model 46 M (B) , complete with the proper sights and sling swivels ...You can find these for sale , but many are missing the above or in bad shape.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR