JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have a female that has been Pugsley's "sister" the past 8 years and doesn't take well to four-footed intruders. Otherwise she is a sweetheart.
@bivy53 Females will often accept puppies or young dogs though, and especially other females because of their maternal instinct.
Again. I'm really sorry for your loss. I've had 9 dogs and lost 7 and it's never painless.

I had my daughter g in the Vet today to get her teeth cleaned.

Picked her and and she jumped in my car got dirt and snow all over my seats then threw up in my drivers seat.
Got home and still gave her big butt some cuddle time.

My friend just had to put his dog down this last week.

I'm sorry for your loss, we all know it's comes but you can never be ready.

I'm sorry for your loss, we all know it's comes but you can never be ready.[/QUOTE]

You always know that "someday", you just never expect someday to be today.

Wow I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a tough time with dogs, as I tend to get way too attached. My last dog that I lost did a number on me, and it took 10 years to add another back. I still think about her, and use her name in many of my passwords. I kinda regret allowing myself to get close to another dog.

Can't look at it that way.
Dogs don't have long lives, just fact. So being able to give them a great loving home for that short time means a lot.
I think about that seeing my dog slow down and growing more grey by the day.
We gave her a great home even with the kids pulling her tail.
I used to bring her to work woth me daily, she used to have her own couch, until we got new ones, now she gets a new comfy bed every year.
We have spoiled her. And she knows it. She's been good to us.
It gives me peace knowing we have given her a good life, better than most could.

I love this:

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The Six-year-old continued,

"Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Oh man, that is priceless. Freaking PRICELESS. I got a lump in my throat reading that, and that is so NOT like me.

Sorry for your loss. Our fur kids are such big parts of our lives. We lost our dog in late September, after loosing our Shepard Lab last November. He was almost 15, and gave us 14 years of friendship, companionship and amusement. He got to go on several camping trips with us this last summer and we did our best to spoil him as much as possible, knowing full well the end of his time with us was approaching.

This was a hard one for me as he was my constant companion for those 14 years. He rode in the Freightliner with me around the state, and my family sneaked him into the hospital when I was near the end myself. Going to go without a dog for a while, I have two grand dogs that I get to see and have stay with us, but still miss one every day.

It's ok. I just tend to put all of that in a bottle and cap it. Same when I lost my girl. I bottled it up and there it stays.

So sorry you lost your buddy. Don't know why but a dog can reach a part of your heart that I don't think a human can and that is why it is so hard to see them go. I am 63 and have had dogs all my life and it is a great feeling to give a dog a great home. They will give you more back than you can ever give them.
James

I've told many people over the course of my life, I like dogs more than most humans. For a reason.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top