JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_0138.JPG The guy that is my avatar has been my good buddy for the past ten years. Had to say goodbye on Wednesday night. Gunna take awhile to get over this. Best dog I ever had, and a great friend.

Adios, Pugsley ... :( miss ya bud.

The best medicine for that is a new puppy to steal your heart again, no 2 are ever the same, so don't expect a carbon copy, just a new best friend! I've heard people say they can't do it but make new friends all the time, we all lose those dear to us and the best thing to do is find new ones it helps cushion the pain. That goes for people and our 4 footed friends as well. Just think how empty our lives would be without friends! :eek:
Gabby
My butt saving best friend I miss every day, she saved me from a possible mauling by a bear with cub, this photo is my PC wall paper.
sunlover.JPG

Last Edited:
Very sorry for your loss:(

Thats a hurt that doesn't go away quickly and leaves a big a$$ whole in your heart.

Best wishes too you and your family - not a lot of words help:oops:.

We had 3 and now are just down to one that is 13. Seems healthy enough although he has some sight and and hearing issues.

We are best buds and I'm just trying to enjoy him every day and hope that he hangs in there another couple years if that's humanely possible.... loosing him will be crushing.

I lost an amazing mismarked (face was half white/half black) Boston Terrier named Bubba a few years back. He was one of the smartest, ornery, alert, ball of fury and good times I ever saw. He lived to about 14 which is OLD for a Boston Terrier, and I still miss him today.

I often say God only made ONE mistake... not making dogs to have a 50 year lifespan. :(

Last Edited:
IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0107.JPG Thanks guys. I appreciate every one of you for your care.
Probably won't be another pup in the very near future. We have a female that has been Pugsley's "sister" the past 8 years and doesn't take well to four-footed intruders. Otherwise she is a sweetheart.

2017-01-08 14.22.50.jpg Just an FYI
I know alot of the members will see this ..... so when your pet finally departs have your vet do a MEMORY PAW PRINT and make a shadow box with it and some pictures.

I even used the print as a temple for my tattoo, my buddy with always be at my side forever that way.

IMAG0070.jpg

My son on leave from the sand box with Gus back in 07.

Last Edited:
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I lost my best buddy in 2009 after 13 years of an incomparable friendship. Though I have a new dog now, he's not a replacement, but a new chapter.

Dogs don't last long enough :(

Sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our last dog in 2009 at age 16, best dog we ever had. We still don't have another but the daughter is pushing to get one. We may again someday, but our schedules mean the dog would be left alone much of the day, and I don't want to do that to a dog.

I'm glad you still have another to love on.

At the age of my wife and myself, we don't want to outlive a dog... I think that is a crushing blow to the pooch, especially watching a friends dog grieve after my friend died. It will be hard tho. The only thing that rescued our hearts after our beloved Bichon died was a little white dog we adopted about two months after Chloe passed.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Put some extra lovin on that sister dog!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads