JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard yesterday of a pair of looters entering a house that was unoccupied-it wasn't. One shot through the head the other wounded and fled. NOT verified, just scuttlebutt at this point. I am hopeful however...

This is news, but it could also be archived under preparedness for key SHTF learnings.

Cajun Navy members met with gunfire by apparent looters, group says

that looters decided to pose as people needing help and attempted to overtake the group's boats. The group said shots were fired at the boats during the incident, but no one was injured.

One group member said some looters are pretending to need rescuing and then robbing people and other looters are pretending to be rescuers and then robbing people.

Price gougers also - almost as bad!

I am completely the opposite on this view.

Price is based upon many factors. Demand is the most important.

I know I want to pay as little as possible. But if I have something you want, then I have an advantage in that transaction.

How many of you - or your dads - could have bought Model A Fords for $5. If you had the presence of mind to snag a few, today they are worth $$. Of course if my dad and you and done that, then there would be a bunch and they would be worth much less.

Another Auto example. We used to chop VW Bugs. Cause they were $100. How many Bugs do you see today?

When commercial fishermen go out for the season what price will they get? First boat back probably gets that. How about the last one?

What people want they will pay for, or trade for.

I under stand your argument. My counter is be prepared. You will want gasoline. You will want Water. You may want ciggies or whiskey or seeds to plant next years crop.

Just a week ago, mostly on the dry side, stations were running out of gasoline. If you couldn't make the next town, what would you have paid? Maybe you feel that the guy at the station should still only get the $1 - but you'd pay some random dude for a share of his supply along the side of the road.

In Defense of "Eclipse Glasses" Price Gougers | Laura Williams

Last Edited:
How many of you - or your dads - could have bought Model A Fords for $5. If you had the presence of mind to snag a few, today they are worth $$. Of course if my dad and you and done that, then there would be a bunch and they would be worth much less.

Another Auto example. We used to chop VW Bugs. Cause they were $100. How many Bugs do you see today?

When commercial fishermen go out for the season what price will they get? First boat back probably gets that. How about the last one?
Buying something at a lower price, at an earlier time, and then it appreciating in value is not an example of price gouging. It might be an investment to be sold at a later date or held for posterity - there is no one under 'duress' or starving for a car or any other item that might in fact appreciate in value.

Having a basic item necessary for survival you stock in your store which sold for $5.99 one day and then you are asking $100 for the next day because someone needs it - and may die without - IS price gouging - and depending on the situation may be illegal - according to a news story this morning.

Buying something at a lower price, at an earlier time, and then it appreciating in value is not an example of price gouging. It might be an investment to be sold at a later date or held for posterity - there is no one under 'duress' or starving for a car or any other item that might in fact appreciate in value.

Having a basic item necessary for survival you stock in your store which sold for $5.99 one day and then you are asking $100 for the next day because someone needs it - and may die without - IS price gouging - and depending on the situation may be illegal - according to a news story this morning.

Agree 100%
I have no problems making a profit. I believe everyone should stock at least basic preps. The example you gave is IMO morally wrong and it is illegal for a business owner to do. In another thread someone mentioned he has a friend that lost everything. Lets say for a moment that the guy had preps for his family and it's all now in the gulf. On top of that he now has to pay 50 bucks for a case of water from the same Lowe's that last week was selling it for 7 bucks? That's morally wrong.

DILMRBFUMAAROGq.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads