JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The story I got from a catering contractor on New Orleans looting is that the Navy seals did what the seals do and stopped at least some perhaps a lot of it.

Sheldon

QUOTE="SKrueger, post: 1752215, member: 35773"]If people started doing that then there would be less looting the next disaster. :)[/QUOTE]

I can hear all liberal wails and moans already, music to my ears.

If I was running a boat down there, you can bet I'd discreetly have a locker full of AR pistols for my crew to defend themselves... maybe not with the extreme length reduction of a Mk 18 or Gremlin, but maybe somewhere in the range from 11.5" up to a pistolized 14.5 M4. Definitely loaded with SOST, Mk 262 or other Really Good Stuff, though...

TX has strict laws against looting during natural disasters.
Just read an article on it. They are telling people it's mandatory jail time for people caught looting.
No probation, not time off.

They are throwing the book at looters and it's about dang time.

I would institute a shoot on sight looting law. Any animal that preys on people in a time like this should be inhumanely put down

Buying something at a lower price, at an earlier time, and then it appreciating in value is not an example of price gouging. It might be an investment to be sold at a later date or held for posterity - there is no one under 'duress' or starving for a car or any other item that might in fact appreciate in value.

Having a basic item necessary for survival you stock in your store which sold for $5.99 one day and then you are asking $100 for the next day because someone needs it - and may die without - IS price gouging - and depending on the situation may be illegal - according to a news story this morning.

Thing is when you are a store owner and unable to restock these goods, selling them for less than they are worth is almost as tough as figuring out how much they are worth. I hear what you say about price gouging, but I've experienced this from both sides

Lame. It seems that ALL disasters bring out the looters.....who probably don't "stand" for anything but themselves.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top