JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's hard to explain, but after being there I really don't think looting is tolerated at all. It's like everybody is watching out for everybody else. And there are signs in neighborhoods from the city to the effect of " by such and such a date this area is being razed, you have until then to remove personal property" You just don't see people who look like they don't belong there.

I agree, but it would be sorta hard to use our firearms after a tornado threw them 10 blocks away and they are covered with hundreds of pound of debris.

That is unless a person grabs his/her firearms and then runs for cover before the tornado/earthquake hits. And actually survives. :D
Keep one buried under the edge of a concrete slab

I agree, but it would be sorta hard to use our firearms after a tornado threw them 10 blocks away and they are covered with hundreds of pound of debris.

That is unless a person grabs his/her firearms and then runs for cover before the tornado/earthquake hits. And actually survives. :D

True, but what I've noticed about natural disasters in that in most cases the area actually affected by the event is very small, and most damages comes from panicked people fleeing that area plus the criminal element deciding this means property is unguarded so there is rows upon rows of evacuated homes and businesses ripe for the picking. Look at hurricane Katrina, how many houses were actually damaged? Most of the city physically survived the storm. People died from having no survival plan, no supplies, people were looted, those who went o the government safe zones like the super dome where they were raped and robbed and the few police officers were simply unable to keep order and started deserting.

Point being, people's reaction to a disaster is always worse then the disaster itself. If everyone had even basic preparation for disaster combined with a government ready to enact meaningful disaster relief instead of taking advantage of the hurricane to enact idealogical anti gun nonsense then Katrina would have not been half as bad. If your house has collapsed that's where the national guard and FEMA and the police and fire department will be. If your house is uncollpased that's when you need to worry, you'll truly be on your own

The pictures I took are too big to upload here but there are areas where you can look 10 blocks in any direction and not see a standing structure. The relief effort at a local church said they were feeding 10,000 people a day. There are warnings before it gets there so you have time to evacuate, after that no plan you may have concocted is going to help unless you have a storm shelter. As far as anti government types, the single most common thing to see there is American flags flying over destroyed houses and in piles of rubble.

As far as anti government types, the single most common thing to see there is American flags flying over destroyed houses and in piles of rubble.

When we put Our hands on Our hearts and say The Pledge Of Allegiance To The Flag do you think its directed to the government or to Our Country and The People?

I am not anti-government but Pro-America!

:s0160:

I studied the aftermath of major disasters in several cultures. The usual reaction is that social boundrys disappear because the collective survival of the species becomes paramount. In the intial 36 hours a chain of command forms and the usual gender roles reassert themselves with men doing the hard labor and women doing the hard work. After a week, when rescue work is deemed fruitless a reassessment occurs and the collective fragments into various parts. An external threat can reunite the survivors and allow the members to vent their rage on an unknown enemy

"Keep one buried under the edge of a concrete slab."
The gun safe is lagged into the concrete slab. We don't have tornados in WA State (at least not yet) - earthquakes maybe. It would have to swallow the whole slab to eat the gun safe. It will be the last thing standing.

That's what I said earlier--TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT--they make their choice and live or die by it.
No patience for looters or 'tweakers'....shoot on sight.

Now let me get this right "looters" are more like "cows" slow meandering; wail "tweakers" are more like "deer" darting eye's and ready to jump at any sound.

So cows get the 7.62 and deers get the 5.56, Right?

I'll admit, I dont have much knowledge of how the BMX bicycles are set up; I've seen several that don't have free-hubs...but those are homebuilts based on fixed gear bicycle parts I believe...

In Oregon though; in most places here, bicycles are NOT allowed on sidewalks except for parking. so they have to use the roads with the cars and motorcycles, and in several towns, they also have street parking, which can be quite...risky for the person riding a bicycle without handbrakes... there are several who uses coaster brakes and the same system you describe...and there are more who put a single brake on the front for the reason of safety; but there will always be a few without handbrakes and coaster brakes... it doesnt help that the law here says cyclists need to be on the far right edge of the road, if there isn't a bike/pedestrian lane/path....since the condition of most of the country roads is such that you only have a foot or two of paved shoulder before it becomes either gravel or ditch..... anyways as for looters, were it up to me, I wouldn't worry since I don't have much of value..and whatever valuable things I have, I tend to have at other places or stashed away securely....

There are several places I've ridden where I ride on the sidewalk, I don't care what the law is. When the options are a sidewalk and a possible ticket or a bikelane on a poorly maintained road where cars routinely go 50-55 MPH, I'll risk the ticket over a ride to the hospitals basement!

Being from Oklahoma , in the tornado prone area, I can tell you looters want to get caught by the cops not the folks patroling thier neighborhoods.

Most Okies have a whole lot in thier cellars.

Our cellar was fully stocked with food, ammo and weapons. It had a generator attached and protected on the outside and electricity ran to it. There was ac and a dehumidifier.

I really wish I could have gotten ack there this time, my work sent us up there in '99 payed us to stay and help for 3 weeks. I would have een ale to go up with the same team again.

I just hope the people without cellars add one this time around, I was surprised at how many people did not add a cellar to thier rebuilds after the May 3rd '99 twisters

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top