JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But won't the Police and FEMA and the National Guard protect us? Surely people will come together in a spirit of peace, while we sing Kumbaya and wait for the Government! After all we live in the utopian paradise of the Pacific NW! The bad guys will probably come running, licking their chops at the prospect of unarmed hippies.

But won't the Police and FEMA and the National Guard protect us? Surely people will come together in a spirit of peace, while we sing Kumbaya and wait for the Government! After all we live in the utopian paradise of the Pacific NW! The bad guys will probably come running, licking their chops at the prospect of unarmed hippies.

I pitty the fools....

Sad, but I guess not unexpected. I'm sure the ratio of people looting to those who show up to lend a hand is still very tiny.

But in a tornado, all your stuff gets thrown everywhere. If it lands on your property and has no identifiable marking, does that make it yours?

I am actually in Oklahoma right now. I came down to try and get my company some work on the cleanup effort. Driving around in Moore there is an amazing amount of devastation with valuable stuff laying all over around the houses that havent been demolished yet. What i havent seen is any kind of anything you would call people looting. Maybe the scum comes out at night and I dont see it. There is an incredible amount of volunteer people from all over the country helping out with the disaster. It's been an experience for me just seeing the aftermath, can't imagine living through it. I've never met so many polite people in my life, from cops to tornadoe victims. With all the community pride here, getting caught looting wouldnt go well I'm sure

A person riding a true 'fixie' is someone disqualified to talk about safety in any topic or context.

what is really the difference between a true Fixie and a BMX bicycle? they both don't have hand brakes, and they both depend on the pedal speeds to either slow down or speed up....only one gear, and much less things to go wrong/maintain (no cables to speak of), and then there are those who install a single brake or two brakes on their fixed gear bikes for the purpose of downhill control or emergency stops, or for trailer braking...

don't get me wrong, I agree that some people really should not ride BMXs or True Fixies in traffic.... because they can be dangerous. I myself prefer multiple speeds for the hills.

back on topic; most likely the looters are going at night; and taking what they think can make em money....

Looting in Washington and Oregon outside of the Seattle and Portland metro areas can be very hazardous to ones health.

In my neighborhood, I own guns, so does my next door neighbor, and so does the neighbor across the street. The other next door neighbor probably does too but he's quiet. Even if he doesn't the other neighbors will have no problem lending him a piece. And we control the entrance to the street containing about 50 houses. I think my neighborhood is good to go from looters

What you don't hear about is that after a Katrina or tornado, they don't let home owners back to their own property for days, weeks, or more...meanwhile people come in with flash lights in the middle of the night to pick through your stuff.

what is really the difference between a true Fixie and a BMX bicycle? they both don't have hand brakes, and they both depend on the pedal speeds to either slow down or speed up....only one gear, and much less things to go wrong/maintain (no cables to speak of), and then there are those who install a single brake or two brakes on their fixed gear bikes for the purpose of downhill control or emergency stops, or for trailer braking...

don't get me wrong, I agree that some people really should not ride BMXs or True Fixies in traffic.... because they can be dangerous. I myself prefer multiple speeds for the hills.

back on topic; most likely the looters are going at night; and taking what they think can make em money....

With a BMX you can hold your feet still with the wheels moving, right? My understanding is that a proper fixie doesn't even allow for that. Plus you can install a "push-back-brake" system (fairly common in Holland, where I'm from) on bicycles, I think you can find that on a BMX too.

In any case, a bicycle without (functional) brakes should stay out of traffic. The claim that they're the "weaker" party in a traffic accident doesn't really help if you ride a motorcycle and hit them, do your best to avoid hitting them 'cause they can't brake in time and you crash into something, or is even a blatant lie when pedestrians come into play.

I'll admit, I dont have much knowledge of how the BMX bicycles are set up; I've seen several that don't have free-hubs...but those are homebuilts based on fixed gear bicycle parts I believe...

In Oregon though; in most places here, bicycles are NOT allowed on sidewalks except for parking. so they have to use the roads with the cars and motorcycles, and in several towns, they also have street parking, which can be quite...risky for the person riding a bicycle without handbrakes... there are several who uses coaster brakes and the same system you describe...and there are more who put a single brake on the front for the reason of safety; but there will always be a few without handbrakes and coaster brakes... it doesnt help that the law here says cyclists need to be on the far right edge of the road, if there isn't a bike/pedestrian lane/path....since the condition of most of the country roads is such that you only have a foot or two of paved shoulder before it becomes either gravel or ditch..... anyways as for looters, were it up to me, I wouldn't worry since I don't have much of value..and whatever valuable things I have, I tend to have at other places or stashed away securely....

Looting in Washington and Oregon outside of the Seattle and Portland metro areas can be very hazardous to ones health.

In my neighborhood, I own guns, so does my next door neighbor, and so does the neighbor across the street. The other next door neighbor probably does too but he's quiet. Even if he doesn't the other neighbors will have no problem lending him a piece. And we control the entrance to the street containing about 50 houses. I think my neighborhood is good to go from looters

I agree, but it would be sorta hard to use our firearms after a tornado threw them 10 blocks away and they are covered with hundreds of pound of debris.

That is unless a person grabs his/her firearms and then runs for cover before the tornado/earthquake hits. And actually survives. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top