Looking to purchase an air rifle

Reactions
I dont know much about air rifles but want one to shoot off my back porch as I have a green space that I could soot up to maybe 50 yards in the winter and maybe 30 yards year around.

As with anything money is the major factor of quality and most want the best bang for there buck. Well when it comes to this purchase I fall into the wanting the most for my money. If that means buying used so be it.

I dont care if its .177 or .22 but I want it to shoot hard and straight. I dont care for buying those little co2 deals. I dont even know what the options are any more.

I think between $2-300 is what I would like to spend but I could be talked into $400 without to much trouble.

So a helping hand from those of you in the know would be great, and for that I thank you.

Oh I saw this package and thought it wasnt to bad but what say you?

Silent Stalker Air Rifle - Pro Pack Combo
Silent Stalker Air Rifle - Combo | Gamo USA

Reactions
I have one of those Gamo air rifles and they're freaking awesome. Many a pigeon has perished by my hand with one. Highly reliable and accurate. Just make sure you get an optic designed for an sir rifle as the internal recoil will mess up a regular scope

Reactions
I've got a couple rifles from Archer Airguns for back porch target practice. The owner is a nice guy and personally fires each gun before he ships it.
Target trigger and extended bolt handle is another $40 but worth it to me. Drops trigger pull to a crisp 3lbs.

For around $200 shipped you get a good shooting gun with target style wood stock and decent diopter target sights.
I have the paintball tank supply model in .22 and a side cocking model for below freezing weather where co2 just doesn't work well.

I have a Gamo Big cat as well, it's ok. Accurate with the right ammo. PB gold works for me. Cocking the gun is akward if you shoot prone and loading is slow. I prefer the bolt action style loading.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
Top Bottom