Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking to purchase an air rifle

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by TAD, Feb 2, 2013.

1. TAD

TAD West Linn Active Member

I dont know much about air rifles but want one to shoot off my back porch as I have a green space that I could soot up to maybe 50 yards in the winter and maybe 30 yards year around.

As with anything money is the major factor of quality and most want the best bang for there buck. Well when it comes to this purchase I fall into the wanting the most for my money. If that means buying used so be it.

I dont care if its .177 or .22 but I want it to shoot hard and straight. I dont care for buying those little co2 deals. I dont even know what the options are any more.

I think between $2-300 is what I would like to spend but I could be talked into $400 without to much trouble.

So a helping hand from those of you in the know would be great, and for that I thank you.

Oh I saw this package and thought it wasnt to bad but what say you?

Silent Stalker Air Rifle - Pro Pack Combo
    Silent Stalker Air Rifle - Combo | Gamo USA

2. Artpro

Artpro Salem, OR. Artpro Bronze Supporter

PM sent

3. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

I have one of those Gamo air rifles and they're freaking awesome. Many a pigeon has perished by my hand with one. Highly reliable and accurate. Just make sure you get an optic designed for an sir rifle as the internal recoil will mess up a regular scope

4. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

If ya were into a pcp rifle I'd cut ya a smoking deal on a benjamin marauder in 25 Cal. I just upped to a bull pup in 25 Cal so I guess having two don't make much sense.

5. UncleSugar

UncleSugar East County Member

I have a Gamo Whisper in .22 cal, had it upgraded with the Crossman Nitro piston.

A very nice air rifle.

6. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are still available anymore but, checkout Beeman's. As a kid I spent hours looking over their catalog. Maybe, you could start at thier webpage.

www.beeman.com

Aloha, Mark

7. Drkside45

Drkside45 chehalis wa Member

I have a like new Gamo s1250 with matching Gamo scope. I think its 1250 or 1200 fps and very accurate. I'd let it go for $100

8. Inspector

Inspector Washington State Member

Look at Quackenbush air rifles for something interesting... I want one real bad....

9. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Look at the HW 77K. I love mine. It hefts and feels like a CF hunting rifle - accurate, nice trigger.

10. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

I've got a couple rifles from Archer Airguns for back porch target practice. The owner is a nice guy and personally fires each gun before he ships it.
    Target trigger and extended bolt handle is another $40 but worth it to me. Drops trigger pull to a crisp 3lbs.

For around $200 shipped you get a good shooting gun with target style wood stock and decent diopter target sights.
    I have the paintball tank supply model in .22 and a side cocking model for below freezing weather where co2 just doesn't work well.

I have a Gamo Big cat as well, it's ok. Accurate with the right ammo. PB gold works for me. Cocking the gun is akward if you shoot prone and loading is slow. I prefer the bolt action style loading.

11. RICHARDRITCHEY

RICHARDRITCHEY Clackamas New Member

12. GordonLuna

GordonLuna Los Angeles(USA) New Member

In which range ,you can buy the riffles?

13. Surejam

Surejam Aloha Member

Sorry to hijack your thread but...What's the sking price on your Marauder?

Surejam

14. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

I've got a Benjamin Sheridan in .20. It's a hard hitting pump that is very accurate. You can't go wrong.