JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm planning on going elk hunting for the first time this October and I need to buy my first hunting rifle. I'm looking to find a Savage Axis Camo in .308. I've bought most of my guns at gun shows and one at Fisherman's Marine. But I've got the itch to pick one up fairly soon so I don't want to wait till the next gun show.

I haven't been to too many gun stores around the Beaverton area, so I don't know which ones are just the overpriced black rifle AR stores (other than "discount guns").

Where do you go/not go for hunting rifles in the Beaverton area? Not looking to travel too far, but for the right store I will.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

i dont really like the idea of plugging dicks but their bolt rifle prices have stayed down a bit more than most places. just ended my search for a similar use rifle, they just happened to be one of the places i did some window shopping.

cant comment on Bimart, havnt been in one in a while.

discount guns on 185th will cost about $100 more than anyone else but they have great service as long as you dont try to buy ammo without buying a gun at the same time.

Little Bear in Hillsboro (West side) has a Mossberg .308 for 300, it is camo though. I was in the Wal-Mart in Cornelius and they had a Ruger American in .308, I don't clearly recall the price, but around 300

I haven't been to too many gun stores around the Beaverton area, so I don't know which ones are just the overpriced black rifle AR stores (other than "discount guns").

Where do you go/not go for hunting rifles in the Beaverton area? Not looking to travel too far, but for the right store I will.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Check out Frontline Arms in Beaverton. It is on 1st Street between Watson and Hall in the Beaverton CBG shop.

I bought my pistol at The Gun Broker in Tigard, just off of Hwy 99, and in the same parking lot as the BiMart (can make a 2-for-1 stop there), and they had an assortment of rifles there. Wasn't looking for a rifle when I've been in there, but their other prices seemed reasonable and the staff was very helpful, I would reccomend checking them out.

I would go to bi-mart and buy a weatherby vanguard, Ruger or a Remington 700, very quality rifles for a great price.
I have killed elk with a 308, good caliber. Stick with the 165 gr to 180 gr bullets.

Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro off Cornell. They had a couple of rifles in the racks last week. If they don't have what your looking for they can order it.

Check out Frontline Arms in Beaverton. It is on 1st Street between Watson and Hall in the Beaverton CBG shop.

I second that, I went in to check them out today and they have the best pricing I have ever seen.
They had an Enfeild Smle mk 3 with a good scope mounted and zeroed in for $280 :s0001:

an smle would be a good choice, a large ring (or a small ring for that matter) mauser of any variety, a 30-30 marlin or winchester, almost anything chambered in a rifle caliber over, say, 243 caliber would suffice.

careful about getting a rifle that will do the job at a long range, a good hunter will get close enough. Remember, if you kill it at 300 yards, you have to go get it! You could leave it to rot, seen that.

If you don't kill it with the first shot, wounding it, you will have to go find it. Lotsa fun. Reports are out there of hunters taking game that has been shot numerous times before.

Now would be the time to search the private sales, hunters wanting to upgrade before the next season or hunters that got skunked last year that are done with the sport will be parting with the firearms at a great price and already have good glass mounted. I would suggest putting up a post in the wanted thread here.

I recently picked up a Ruger American in 30-06 for $349 at the Scappoose Fred Meyers. Slapped a $150 Bushnell Trophyman 3-9x40 on it. For being a no frills "starter" rifle I am more than impressed with it's accuracy and action. Nutnfancy has a youtube video on it and he does compares it to the Axis but finds the American more favorable.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top