JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I just recently moved back to Portland area and I have not been shooting in a long time. I am still a member of Tri-County Gun club and also have action range access. Anyhow, I was looking for a more experienced person who I could go shooting with over there. I never was too experienced with rifle shooting and the few guns I have have mostly been safe queens. Anyhow, I was looking for someone who has time, wouldn't mind shooting with me and giving me some basic instruction. Since, it has been so long , I probably need to go over sighting in my optics, proper lubing/cleaning, as well as well shooting techniques. I've owned guns for a while, but never had much time to become very proficient, due to my work, life, etc.

I have seen some youtube videos and have had a few people show me a variety of techniques as for as maintenance of rifles, so I may attempt to try what I remmeber, but hope I don't screw up my rifles in the process. I just seem to keep forgetting what I learned when it comes to cleaning/maintenance.

Thanks for those who can help..

I would not mind going shooting at Tri County since my gun club has banned rapid fire shooting. My experience is mainly military with some law enforcement training on pistols. I can give you tips on Smith and Wesson revolvers, 1911's, Glocks, AR-15, and AK-47's. Hunting rifles I do not have a clue about. :) There are lots of different tecniques and tactics or schools of thought. Everyone has their own opinion of different styles and whatever works for you is usually my philosophy until I find something that works better. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to help however I can.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top