JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was new to guns, and reloading, when I started in 2011. Sandy Hook hit and everything disappeared for a time. I NEVER got over the looking to see what places had/price comparing. AND, stocked up pretty good between then and now considering the amount I shoot.
I've been reloading since 96, primers reloading stuff was so cheap, it was in the single digits on some rounds 😞

No doubt! The way to diminish the impact is a big order to spread the charges out, but I don't always need that much stuff. Or go in with a few buddies on an order.
The shipping / hazmat costs get even "worse" as any blight continues.

Because companies limit quantities.

So the dollar cost averaging out of ship/hazmat doesn't happen.

Not a knock on companies for limiting quantities, just pointing out reality for folks whom may not be aware…

So, if anyone is interested, Brownell's got in a shipment of CCI #34 LRP. But there's a catch, they are $119 per 1,000. Oh, and I almost forgot, before you place an order, I want to let you know that S&H is a whopping $41 without tax, making it $160(add $11.83 to $15 for WA) if you want a single brick. Even if you ordered ten bricks it's still about $125 a brick(upto $137.50 for WA)(upto $125 tax for WA for 10).

So not primers but I'm not sure how many people have noticed that you can get WIN9mm for $40 for 200rd and WIN 5.56 for $90 for 200rd if you use the coupons from the ODFW books, today is the last day to get them for that price.

So, if anyone is interested, Brownell's got in a shipment of CCI #34 LRP. But there's a catch, they are $119 per 1,000. Oh, and I almost forgot, before you place an order, I want to let you know that S&H is a whopping $41 without tax, making it $160(add $11.83 to $15 for WA) if you want a single brick. Even if you ordered ten bricks it's still about $125 a brick(upto $137.50 for WA)(upto $125 tax for WA for 10).
Shipping is always the deal breaker for me.

I think most of ya'll are old enough to remember the Stagflationary 1970's. That is what I fear and expect for the next several years. Ain't nothin' gettin' cheaper. :( Get what you can when you can.
Yeah, just the other day I was telling my Mrs. what I remembered about the Clinton Administration in the 1990's. Specifically, that it was an era of very low inflation. We had already lived through the inflationary period middle 1970's to early 1980's. During Pres. Clinton's time, I remember thinking, "I wonder how long low inflation will last." It picked up a bit later, but nothing like we've seen in the past five or six years.

We got married in 1974, and we used to talk about weekly price increases when we went to the gro. store. Which we are doing again these days.

When I was a little kid in the 1950's, a $20 bill was a very big deal. The friends of my parents used to give me silver dollar coins when we'd visit; they were still in circulation but I thing they were worth a hair over one paper dollar. They were still being used as gaming tokens in Reno and Vegas. When I got a $5 bill with a birthday card, it was appreciated.

Fast forward to today. When my grand children have birthdays and at Christmas, I peel off a $100 bill and slip it to them. Even at that, it isn't worth as much as $20 was in the 1950's and '60's when I was their age. From those times until now, I think the inflation rate is approximately a multiplier of ten. Since the middle of the Clinton Admin., it's doubled. According to the BLS gov't office; it may be worse.

Re. the gun hobby stuff. I attended the Wash. Arms Collectors show last weekend. I was on the prowl for reloading supplies, mostly. And I got pretty lucky. I found a couple of occasional sellers who were cleaning out or selling estate crap. I found hundreds of older but likely serviceable primers. Like WW in the blue sleeve, for example. Prices were $4 a sleeve, average. I also found some new unprimed .357 Magnum brass and some once fired .44 Magnum brass. Oh, and some 100 count boxes of .357 and 9mm bullets, including some solid coppers (that was a box of 50). My old GI tool bag was loaded up heavily.

One guy had some powder for sale, I had to go out to his car with him to get a bottle of it. No powder allowed in the show hall. But it was IMR 4320, which has been discontinued for several years. $15.

On my way home, I deviated from my route of travel to visit Sportco in Fife, Wash. They had a lot of powder. Of course, it cost more than $15 a bottle. About the only brand of stick powder available with any reliability at present is Accurate. On this trip, I bought a bottle of A4064 and two bottles of A2015. It may turn out that stick powders continue to be hard to get. The Accurate stick powders are typically priced $10 to $15 a bottle less than IMR. Also less than Hodgdon stick powders.

Yeah, just the other day I was telling my Mrs. what I remembered about the Clinton Administration in the 1990's. Specifically, that it was an era of very low inflation. We had already lived through the inflationary period middle 1970's to early 1980's. During Pres. Clinton's time, I remember thinking, "I wonder how long low inflation will last." It picked up a bit later, but nothing like we've seen in the past five or six years.

We got married in 1974, and we used to talk about weekly price increases when we went to the gro. store. Which we are doing again these days.

When I was a little kid in the 1950's, a $20 bill was a very big deal. The friends of my parents used to give me silver dollar coins when we'd visit; they were still in circulation but I thing they were worth a hair over one paper dollar. They were still being used as gaming tokens in Reno and Vegas. When I got a $5 bill with a birthday card, it was appreciated.

Fast forward to today. When my grand children have birthdays and at Christmas, I peel off a $100 bill and slip it to them. Even at that, it isn't worth as much as $20 was in the 1950's and '60's when I was their age. From those times until now, I think the inflation rate is approximately a multiplier of ten. Since the middle of the Clinton Admin., it's doubled. According to the BLS gov't office; it may be worse.

Re. the gun hobby stuff. I attended the Wash. Arms Collectors show last weekend. I was on the prowl for reloading supplies, mostly. And I got pretty lucky. I found a couple of occasional sellers who were cleaning out or selling estate crap. I found hundreds of older but likely serviceable primers. Like WW in the blue sleeve, for example. Prices were $4 a sleeve, average. I also found some new unprimed .357 Magnum brass and some once fired .44 Magnum brass. Oh, and some 100 count boxes of .357 and 9mm bullets, including some solid coppers (that was a box of 50). My old GI tool bag was loaded up heavily.

One guy had some powder for sale, I had to go out to his car with him to get a bottle of it. No powder allowed in the show hall. But it was IMR 4320, which has been discontinued for several years. $15.

On my way home, I deviated from my route of travel to visit Sportco in Fife, Wash. They had a lot of powder. Of course, it cost more than $15 a bottle. About the only brand of stick powder available with any reliability at present is Accurate. On this trip, I bought a bottle of A4064 and two bottles of A2015. It may turn out that stick powders continue to be hard to get. The Accurate stick powders are typically priced $10 to $15 a bottle less than IMR. Also less than Hodgdon stick powders.
SW has had Fiocchi primers on the shelf for about eight months. They just sat there.
Lot of people were afraid of them and kept waiting for something familiar like CCI's.
I bought 900 of the Fiocchi.
I loaded a bunch of 9 & 40 and shot all 900 without a single hiccup.
Over the next couple months, I would buy more almost every week.
I now have about 15,000 Fiocchi SPP's. I'm good.

On a different subject, I have been buying cases of 9mm over the course of the last year.
In fact, last month I picked up a few more cases of 9mm at bi-Mart for the smoking price of $220/case.
So today Bi-Mart now has cases of 9mm for $200.
I'm confused.
If I buy another case for $200, will they be $180 next month?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

SW has had Fiocchi primers on the shelf for about eight months. They just sat there.
Lot of people were afraid of them and kept waiting for something familiar like CCI's.

On a different subject, I have been buying cases of 9mm over the course of the last year.
In fact, last month I picked up a few more cases of 9mm at bi-Mart for the smoking price of $220/case.
So today Bi-Mart now has cases of 9mm for $200.
I'm confused.
If I buy another case for $200, will they be $180 next month?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
So that's who bought them all, no wonder they started vanishing 😄😄
As for the 9mm, the $220 is better as it is brass case and the $200 is aluminum case. Aluminum just doesn't have the right weight feel to me for thickness as it did pre-covid. Haven't weighed it but it just feels flimsier when you pick it up now compared to pre-covid cases.

Worth keeping an eye on daily, if you have in interest.

Seems they've been flip flopping from sold out to available quite a bit over the past several months.

Seems more sold out, than available recently.

As others mention, I've purchased from them in the past as well. Would have no qualms about doing so again.

Without my having a lot of experience with Fiocchi centerfire primers, I don't see why they'd be problematic. So far, I've bought a couple of sleeves just to try them out. BUT: Fiocchi is a major manufacturer who has had a plant in the US since the 1980's. Most of the ammo they sell here is made in the US. They recently launched a new primer plant in Little Rock, Ark. but I don't know if it's online yet. I've been using Fiocchi primed shotshell hulls for a few years and haven't had any misfires.

I try to keep a balance of reloading components on hand. Bullets / powder / primers in amounts that will result in X amount of cartridges. The brass isn't all that important since its recyclable several times over. However, lately because of the criticality of primers, I've been over-buying those when opportunities arise. I'm not wildly out of balance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top