JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use code ASFS24 to get free shipping, on orders over $50. HazMat fee still applies.

or these

Last Edited:
Was in sportsman's on 185th yesterday and much to my surprise, or not, Fiocchi Small Pistol primers are now $109/1500…. I was in just before Christmas and they were $89/1500…

Even reloading is getting a bit expensive now…

:eek:

Large Pistol Magnum primers are non-existent around here. Last week, I went around to the three largest retailers in this area, none were to be found. At one store they actually laughed at me when I enquired. Another store had some regular LP primers but no magnums. Very scarce. Online sites that I've visited show no stock. But I don't need many, I'm not going to pay big bucks for a brick, plus shipping and hazmat.

Large Pistol Magnum primers are non-existent around here. Last week, I went around to the three largest retailers in this area, none were to be found. At one store they actually laughed at me when I enquired. Another store had some regular LP primers but no magnums. Very scarce. Online sites that I've visited show no stock. But I don't need many, I'm not going to pay big bucks for a brick, plus shipping and hazmat.
I have some. I stopped using them last year and these are leftover. PM me if you ever get to Portland. $40
*****SOLD**********1/22/2024
1705785527645.png

Last Edited:
Was in sportsman's on 185th yesterday and much to my surprise, or not, Fiocchi Small Pistol primers are now $109/1500…. I was in just before Christmas and they were $89/1500…

Even reloading is getting a bit expensive now…

:eek:
Yup! The train is leavin' the station! :)

Without my having a lot of experience with Fiocchi centerfire primers, I don't see why they'd be problematic. So far, I've bought a couple of sleeves just to try them out.
Since the post quoted above, I've used some of the Fiocchi small pistol primers. I can attest that they fit well in the primer pockets.

Cabela's sure had their shelves full of powder and primers today, LOTS of each. Plenty of Winchester SP and SR for $80/k. What shocks me is the prices for IMR stick powders. North of $50/lb? That's crazy.

At these prices, we may see them on shelves more frequently.
The Law of Supply and Demand is not limited to "supply."

Classical dynamics of this Law hold that as prices rise, demand falls off. Yet there are exceptions. High prices are supposed to cause an increase in production to meet demand. And this isn't happening at present because of a number of factors. Like wars around the world.

But the Law of Supply and Demand also has further nuances. One being, and I will quote Investopedia here:

"Consumer preferences will depend, in part, on a product's market penetration, since the marginal utility of goods diminishes as the quantity owned increases. The first car is more life-altering than the fifth addition to the fleet; the living-room TV more useful than the fourth one for the garage."

The concept of "marginal utility" has some bearing on reloading stuff. For a while, anyway. Because many of us already have X quantities of such things. So if you have an 8 pound jug of Varget already, you're probably not gonna be a customer for a one pound bottle at $60-something. Not until you run out. And, there is a behavior modifier involved here, too. Meaning, while something is scarce, you are apt to use less of it.

I won't buy IMR powder at current prices. When they started trending up, I stocked up on several bottles of Accurate stick powders that I can substitute for IMR at lower prices. Right there is a substitution response. I did buy one bottle of IMR 4198 at $50 because I was completely out. But that's the end of buying powder of any kind for quite some time.

Academy Sports has Win LR primers right now. 7.99/100 no hazmat.
I never herd of them, but they looked legit, so I placed an order for some powder.
The order was supposed to arrive today, but it has not even been shipped yet!
Furthermore, I cannot cancel the order or find a number to be able to talk to someone.
I am very disappointed and am going to contact my credit card people to see if I can get the charges reversed.
:mad::mad::mad:

I never herd of them, but they looked legit, so I placed an order for some powder.
Furthermore, I cannot cancel the order or find a number to be able to talk to someone.
I am very disappointed and am going to contact my credit card people to see if I can get the charges reversed.
They have over 200 retail locations so I wouldn't worry too much. If they were shady, the stores would not exist. In any case, your CC company should cover you if you decide to cancel.

I think they are legit, but there are quite a few really bad reviews online from folks who purchased from them.

They have over 200 retail locations so I wouldn't worry too much. If they were shady, the stores would not exist. In any case, your CC company should cover you if you decide to cancel.
WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME IS THAT THEIR AI CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS NOT HELPFUL. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT A REAL PERSON!

WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME IS THAT THEIR AI CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS NOT HELPFUL. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT A REAL PERSON!
What day did you place your order? I just got tracking for my order placed on 2/7. FedEx has it and it will arrive in a few days(well, it's FedEx so maybe more than a few!)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews