JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My local Sportsman's Warehouse finally lifted the two sleeve limit on primers and now allow one brick per person per day!
$59.99 plus tax! Best price I have seen for a full brick in over two years!

IMG_1886.jpeg

I was recently in the Sportsmans Warehouse in Federal Way and they also allowed one brick per person. I chose Fiocchi and that brick contained 1500 small pistol primers.
I have a bunch of the Fiocchi's (that I bought two sleeves at a time over the past several months). The only drawback is the odd packaging. Kind of tough to get 100 primers in the feed tube for the Dillon compared to CCI, Remington, Federal or Winchester.

Sounds like they are trying to create artificial shortage demand to justify the price increases.
I know the portland one has not been putting primers out when they get them. I found out they had a shipment of several LR & LP come in and only a single LP case made it to the shelf. I've even had them lie to me that they don't have anymore. This after an employee told me they have a stash of them in the backroom.

My local Sportsman's Warehouse finally lifted the two sleeve limit on primers and now allow one brick per person per day!
$59.99 plus tax! Best price I have seen for a full brick in over two years!

View attachment 1460067
CCI 41's were $7.99. I had picked up a K at a normal price before the poo had hit the fan. I've used 300 of those and decided I should get a few more. only got 500 at that price.

Sounds like they are trying to create artificial shortage demand to justify the price increases.
I know the portland one has not been putting primers out when they get them. I found out they had a shipment of several LR & LP come in and only a single LP case made it to the shelf. I've even had them lie to me that they don't have anymore. This after an employee told me they have a stash of them in the backroom.
Could be a lucrative side hustle until they get caught! I know that it was happening at the Keizer BiMart and a manager got fired over the same thing.

Could be a lucrative side hustle until they get caught! I know that it was happening at the Keizer BiMart and a manager got fired over the same thing.
Corporate made it well known to the stores, no back stocking and no buying it till its been on the shelf for a day. I know several guys that quit when they did that, cause they were doing it as a side gig. Corporate catches them it's auto termination that day.

Last Edited:
So it wasn't mentioned I noticed but the Bi-marts and some of the Sportsman's got in LR primers and more SP & SR primers this week.
My local BiMart (Stayton) has stated that they have not received primers of any size in more than two years. They claim that their store get allotted a total of zero primers, period. I've been frustrated with them.

My local BiMart (Stayton) has stated that they have not received primers of any size in more than two years. They claim that their store get allotted a total of zero primers, period. I've been frustrated with them.
If they aren't getting any than that's the fault of the vendor rep they are using. The stores around me replaced their rep and new guy got them powder & primers within 2 to 4 weeks. New guy even said there was no reason the stores shouldn't have gotten them.

If they aren't getting any than that's the fault of the vendor rep they are using. The stores around me replaced their rep and new guy got them powder & primers within 2 to 4 weeks. New guy even said there was no reason the stores shouldn't have gotten them.
Bi-Mart uses point of sales inventory so in order to get something like primers that is out of stock a clerk has to scan the shelf label and inter the quantity needed and do it often like once a week so it doesn't fall out of the system. That way when the distribution system gets some it sees the fresh orders first and doesn't go looking for old orders. Most clerks don't want to put the extra effort in but some will.

Bi-Mart uses point of sales inventory so in order to get something like primers that is out of stock a clerk has to scan the shelf label and inter the quantity needed and do it often like once a week so it doesn't fall out of the system. That way when the distribution system gets some it sees the fresh orders first and doesn't go looking for old orders. Most clerks don't want to put the extra effort in but some will.
From what the managers at my bimart tell me, the vendor is the one responsible for the counts of reload stuff and ammo since they check in with the stores in person every 2-4 weeks depending on sales needs.

From what the managers at my bimart tell me, the vendor is the one responsible for the counts of reload stuff and ammo since they check in with the stores in person every 2-4 weeks depending on sales needs.
BiMart's vendor for that stuff has been flakey since I started loading in 20111. It really showed after Sandy Hook when places like Sportsman's and Fisherman's were getting ample supplies and Bimart still had mostly empty shelves. The reason given back then was that the other two were serviced by more than one supplier.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top