JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Works well in .38 special light loads and .357 light as well. Cowboy fart loads. :p . Pass the beans please.
Thanks for this thread drift.
Because of this, I remembered having a bunch of Trailboss, Desperado cowboy bullets, and 44 mag brass. Yesterday I processed the brass, had to re-lube the bullets, as the lube melted sitting in the heat this summer. (We'll see if my black powder lube will work with smokeless. It's beeswax, lanolin, and jojoba oil)
7.3gr of Trailboss and 240gr dead soft flatpoints.
This is an enjoyable load to shoot. 917 fps according to the math. Not a powderpuff, and much easier to shoot than full house 44 mag loads when shooting for a couple of hours straight.

1000001371.jpg

At $60/brick, Price seems more reasonable for SPP than I have seen for a while.

Gotta get some of those, Ive been using small rifle primers for 9mm because still have about 10K of them but the S&B wont run in the SIG striker guns.

Thanks for this thread drift.
Because of this, I remembered having a bunch of Trailboss, Desperado cowboy bullets, and 44 mag brass. Yesterday I processed the brass, had to re-lube the bullets, as the lube melted sitting in the heat this summer. (We'll see if my black powder lube will work with smokeless. It's beeswax, lanolin, and jojoba oil)
7.3gr of Trailboss and 240gr dead soft flatpoints.
This is an enjoyable load to shoot. 917 fps according to the math. Not a powderpuff, and much easier to shoot than full house 44 mag loads when shooting for a couple of hours straight.

View attachment 1452395
At ~900ish that lube should work fine with TB. A bit of paraffin might help if you get leading towards the muzzle.

So anyone that is still searching for primers still, Sportsman's has raised their price on primers again today by $1 to $2 per sleeve. Average price is now $7 to $10 on most primers. With SP&SR being $6 to $8

Thanks.
Will be only be shooting it in a couple of revolvers. Not the Winchester 94 carbine because of previous issues with it you mentioned (leading at/near the muzzle, and lack of 'lube star')
Shooting with black powder lubed bullets with smokeless went well today.
No 'lube star' at all, bore and chambers were bone dry, but no leading either after 50 rounds.

1000001390.jpg

Just bought 1000 small pistol primers from my local Sportsman's. They would only sell me 200 large pistols.
Glad to see large primers are finally becoming available at brick & mortar stores.
Am ashamed to say I purchased a brick of large pistol and large rifle online recently for $119 & $100 each not including hazmat.

Just got back from Sportsmans (Boise), I asked him for two Fiocchi and he asked if I wanted two bricks. I was like WTF you can buy bricks now! FYI. Their shelves where overflowing with powder and he said they just got 30 more pounds delivered.

Just got back from Sportsmans (Boise), I asked him for two Fiocchi and he asked if I wanted two bricks. I was like WTF you can buy bricks now! FYI. Their shelves where overflowing with powder and he said they just got 30 more pounds delivered.
Hopefully the price is reasonable. They were selling sleeves of 100 in the $5 range a month or so ago.

How much were the bricks? Keeping in mind, the Fiocchi brick has 1500 primers, rather than the more common 1000.

So anyone that is still searching for primers still, Sportsman's has raised their price on primers again today by $1 to $2 per sleeve. Average price is now $7 to $10 on most primers. With SP&SR being $6 to $8
I had the idea that $5-something for small primers wouldn't last.

Was hoping it would last longer and maybe even become the normal price again.
Sportsman's Warehouse has been the outlier in pricing lately in my observation. Midway sells them for $90 to $100 per 1000, plus shipping, plus state sales tax. Powder Valley prices are $95 to $120 per 1000, plus shipping, and they rarely have them in stock. Cabela's has been hit or miss lately in having them but when they do, it's $100 per 1000, plus state sales tax.

The past few weeks I've been stopping at SW in Everett, WA, because it's near one of my daughter's homes. I swing by to see if they have any primers. Lately they've had SP and SP for the $5-something price. I think one time, I got some LRM for the same price. BUT: Limit of 200 primers per purchase. And if they have a line, I leave. They are often understaffed and "taking a number" so waiting might involve a long time. I'm old, my time left is limited enough that I won't waste a lot of time in lines. I don't suffer fools gladly in lines, either. If one is ahead of me taking a long time, I simply abandon my merchandise and leave. I can get it somewhere else later.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top