JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This all is good news.

In my 50 years of shooting, and 30 years of reloading, I'd say this was the most severe and longest lasting shortage of them all.

If all goes well in the next few months, maybe this thread can be archived till the next ammo/reloading panic/shortage/famine comes along.:rolleyes:
My fear is that, this is the new normal. Prices will never go down. Loading supplies will always be scarce and expensive. The dimacrats control everything in the this country now. Too many people seem to want it. And the people that believe in the constitution as written are too few. Besides, being among the elite is going to be pretty cool. They want suffering, and a "New" normal. I feel that eventually our hobby will only be enjoyed by the uber elite. Not right away though, say 30-50 years. They're setting up for a one world order. Those crazy books of the past will come to be the future of America.

Bimart Lincoln City had some a few days ago for the first time in years. I didn't buy any.
Bimart 122nd and Halsey has had, maybe the same ones(?), sitting on the shelf for a couple weeks now. 7-9 $s/100. I think most people that have been loading for a few years are set and not buying much.

Bimart 122nd and Halsey has had, maybe the same ones(?), sitting on the shelf for a couple weeks now. 7-9 $s/100. I think most people that have been loading for a few years are set and not buying much.
It had just become a hobby of mine to check if they had them.. I told the guy that when I didn't buy any. Lol

Scored two more sleeves of the Federal 210 LRP's for $5.99 per. The other component store also had some for $9.99 per. An easy choice, even with a gift card for the other place. SW also had CCI No. 41's for $7.99 per sleeve, which isn't horrible, if you need/prefer them.

So people are going to love this, (though most will likely be pissed(I'm annoyed for sure)) I found out from a local Sportsman's Warehouse that they have over 40 Bricks of LR primers that they can't find, that their inventory says they have. This is from a recent inventory count as well.

Also if people haven't been making use of it there is a $10off coupon for SW in the Oregon big game reg. book. There might be one in the others as well but haven't checked.

I stopped in at Cabelas the other day, they had Winchester SRPs for $80/brick. No limit. I used some of the points on my Cabelas card, walked out with a brick. I don't particularly need them, but I haven't been at a store in years where you could buy an entire brick. Maybe this winter I'll load up 10K rounds of ammo for my different ARs.

So people are going to love this, (though most will likely be pissed(I'm annoyed for sure)) I found out from a local Sportsman's Warehouse that they have over 40 Bricks of LR primers that they can't find, that their inventory says they have. This is from a recent inventory count as well.

Also if people haven't been making use of it there is a $10off coupon for SW in the Oregon big game reg. book. There might be one in the others as well but haven't checked.
That's nuts.. I'd go all CSI for CCI!

Yeah, losing large amounts of what is considered explosives is a fast way to lose your business or ffl license. Who knows how many and/or how much primers, powder and ammo has gone missing. I do know there is a limit before the ATF comes a knocking.
Kind of sounds like an employee started a new business with SW providing him/her with free inventory!

Kind of sounds like an employee started a new business with SW providing him/her with free inventory!
It's possible, I know that employees were abusing employee perks and making/running aside business using it when the shortage started. Which was why a lot of times things like primers, powder, cases and even bullets never made it to the shelves. Hell I remember some even bragging about doing it and even hoarding supplies. Even had a few who would elect themselves as the person who decides who can have what even if the store has inventory, they hoarded it in the back.

Corporate killed those perks from what I heard but sounds like it's happening again at multiple stores. I've even asked SW Corporate about it and they said, "Any employee caught doing that or caught back stocking for their or another's gain, will be terminated, this includes employees who allow it to happen, including management. "

Last Edited:
Yeah, losing large amounts of what is considered explosives is a fast way to lose your business or ffl license. Who knows how many and/or how much primers, powder and ammo has gone missing. I do know there is a limit before the ATF comes a knocking.
While still an FFL, I had a bunch of guns stolen at the gun show--the atf accused me of selling them under the table for cash

The police recover one every couple of years

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads