JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been a lot of years since I have had barrel work done. Last job was by Larry Brace. Before that, Ed Plummer, Cuthbert, Bob West.
Any one currently doing such work in the Eugene area? Don't want fancy, just precise fitting.

Good Afternoon,

I knew Bob ( RG ) quite well as I lived across the street from him on Pam St, I also knew Larry very well too. I did rebluing for those fella's and Jim Felton. Sad, but all have passed.
Call Willamette Valley Gunsmithing @ 541-935-2620 2yr Gunsmithing school grad and gunsmithing in Eugene area since 1984 Hope that helps.

So George is the only one now. He work looks good. I just never have seen up close a barrel redo from George.
Does George do his own bluing? Last blue I had was Larry. Another local bluer I used was guy named Deskins I think. Been a long time.
I got to put in a good memory plug for old Clarence Bealy too. Ah the good old days.

Ron Lienoff, Tom Carter too :)

George has done most of the commercial shops bluing here since the '80's; Marv @ SM had him do a lot of Mdl 12's, Robin, Bear at Baron's Den know him well ( he rust blued Luger's for Walt)
Neil @ Gun Pro, and Jim W when he owned Mazama's. Remember when Mazama was by the Bi Mart @ VRC ?

I will contact George. I know him. I want to rebarrel a 722 to 708.

Oh yes, Tom Carter, the pistol man. I have one of his PPC revolvers. And a loose custom ss 44 barrel. It has 12 I think flats around the barrel. It's fat.

I get around gun wise. I know Jim W and Neal C quite well. Jim and I go back to the 60s at Archies old place. I also know when Jim worked on Franklin near UO.

Well now, That's Sherman, Peabody & The Way Back Machine:cool: Jim had Eugene Surplus in those days, Doug Huey was at John Warren's, Ed Barclay from there would later be at Anderson's Sporting Goods, Ron Plumlee had The Cop Shop, Marv @ SM Gunshop worked for Archie and John Warren's also. We did Charlie's gun collection before his passing. He had a wonderful, one of a kind Perrazzi, custom made for him, by the family in Europe. We see Jack ( Archies son ) now and then and Ol Jack aint a spring chicken anymore, then again, anyone who remembers all this?
Is not :D There were also log trucks everywhere back then and gun's in everyone's pick up back window too

Way Back indeed. I was High School back then. Just a couple years younger than Jim W. Don't forget Floyd at Payless and Starns in JC. One more come to mind, John I think the gunsmith at Oregon Outfitters. Oh and of course Lou Fransen. I wish we did have a Way Back machine. There were rifles in pickups at High School for evening hunts after school.
How is old Jack W? Haven't seen him for years. Back then we confused people with the same first name.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top