JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some Pumps and Many Semi-Autos will not successfully feed them.

They are Low Power, and Small delivered Payload.

Might be OK if all ya wanna do is tap the Goblin on the Shoulder, but if ya wanna Rock His World, they won't do unless the perp is draped over Your Front Sight. (Slight Exaggeration there)

That EEEEEEEVILLLLLLL Cheaper Than Dirt has em, at least offer them in the catalog.

The only use for them is in a double barrel for sensitive shooters and a double barrel is not a good choice for home defense. If you are broke then OK, better than a sharp stick

The only use for them is in a double barrel for sensitive shooters and a double barrel is not a good choice for home defense. If you are broke then OK, better than a sharp stick

I must be broke, because a double barrel with a shell saddle is my first choice. Houses are so CQ that a shootout scenario is ridiculous A home intrusion rarely needs more than one or two. And please explain how two loads of #4 shot is even in the same REALM as a sharp stick?

They also make a slug. I have the mixed ones in one of my shotguns. The ONLY pump action shottys that won't jamb using them are the Win 1300 and the KSG although I've not gotten my hands on a KSG to test it. Even with the Win you have to be quick with the pump.
As to ballistics, I think 1200 fps with either mixed or slug loads is enough at 20' or so. They're not made to take someone out at 300 yds. like a hunting slug.

Oops, just looked at the link and see they also warn aobut anything but the Win 1300. I called KT and they're the ones that said the KSG would also work.

I have a win 1300 marine, that while not as smooth as my other 1300's will survive rough handling and water better than the others. I keep it in the house or take it in our motorhome.

I got mine at one of the WAC shows in Puyallup a few years ago then ammo was plentiful!

if they are 1200fps then they are as fast as a trap load and some duck and pheasant loads. And the little 00 loads will seriously mess someone up at in house distances going 1200fps.

I had bad luck with them in a Mossberg 500. They flip/jam when trying to cycle. I was just hoping to hold more shells in the tube. Won't cycle an auto.

I guess I'll shoot off the 3-4 boxes I have left in my O/U Ruger plinking at the range.

I've also read that they work and cycle in a KSG. If true, that would be the ticket for a high-cap shotgun.

I have a box of slugs. Reliable in my old 870, won't work in any of my Mossbergs. They can be used as a first round in any pump action. Load one single shot style and then the magazine with regular rounds. Might be useful in a Grand Jury, you can testify that you shot the intruder with the itty, bitty, little humane round! LOL!!!

A home intrusion rarely needs more than one or two.

Well "Mr. Biden"... just off the top of my head I can recall a recent report of an Atlanta area mother (and her kids) hiding in an attic who emptied her 5-round .38spl into a housebreaker @ close range. Not only did he NOT die at first, he was able to get out of the house & drive off in his car down the road a fair bit before crashing into a tree. I suppose it was a good thing the guy wasn't totally intent on "payback", because he could've harmed the woman and her kids before expiring.

Consider refraining on speaking with matter of fact "authority" on such matters, because NOBODY knows how many rounds it will take until its over with and the spent brass is counted. ;)

They're easy to shoot and great for those not ready for full power loads. My older son started off using them, loading one by one in the Mossberg. I've also shot them out of a Mossberg pattern Serbu and for some reason the entire tube fed flawlessly. Not so for my full-sized 500.

All told I've burned through a case of both the shot & buck and the slugs. The slugs are underpowered though. They're originally designed for CQB in urban settings so they are intentionally light.

They're easy to shoot and great for those not ready for full power loads. My older son started off using them, loading one by one in the Mossberg. I've also shot them out of a Mossberg pattern Serbu and for some reason the entire tube fed flawlessly. Not so for my full-sized 500.

All told I've burned through a case of both the shot & buck and the slugs. The slugs are underpowered though. They're originally designed for CQB in urban settings so they are intentionally light.

I would not care to have someone pull the slug out of one of the little buggers and wing it at my skull, just a sissy I guess. Really, the wife has shot a couple and likes the idea of having one up the tube (whether its true or not is another question). whatever I have in the chamber, next up is a 3" #4Buck.

Well "Mr. Biden"... just off the top of my head I can recall a recent report of an Atlanta area mother (and her kids) hiding in an attic who emptied her 5-round .38spl into a housebreaker @ close range. Not only did he NOT die at first, he was able to get out of the house & drive off in his car down the road a fair bit before crashing into a tree. I suppose it was a good thing the guy wasn't totally intent on "payback", because he could've harmed the woman and her kids before expiring.

Consider refraining on speaking with matter of fact "authority" on such matters, because NOBODY knows how many rounds it will take until its over with and the spent brass is counted. ;)

Too true! I vaguely remember, in the early seventies, a perp high on PCP (here after known as Monkey Trank) being unstoppable until an L.A. Police officer emptied a 12ga riot gun into him. Looked for reference on the web but couldn't locate it. If I remember correctly, the officer drew his sidearm and was preparing to fire again when the man went down. I do remember that it was big news for a couple of days and one of the incidents driving a Monkey Trank hysteria for a while.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top