JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some cats become little more than big babies.

I'm counting on them becoming good mousers. We must have a gazillion rodents of all kinds out here. By the time the weather warms up, I think the cats will be ready to get to work. They sure do get worked up, looking out the windows at all the birds.

Depending on how many cats and length of time I have a feeling that my wife would be completely ok with catsitting at our apartment.

If we lived closer......;) We decided pretty quick with our cat the he would be kept inside. That wasn't the original plan, but when I saw the size of the pit he dug to do his duty (doodie?) and the mountain of dirt when he was done, well, couldn't have him outside in my flower beds/garden!

Yesterday driving around I saw a coyote crossing the road ahead of me. I thought, damn that's a brazen coyote walking around in broad daylight. I got a little closer and saw it was a really freakishly big, fat cat. Still brazen... different species.

If we lived closer......;) We decided pretty quick with our cat the he would be kept inside. That wasn't the original plan, but when I saw the size of the pit he dug to do his duty (doodie?) and the mountain of dirt when he was done, well, couldn't have him outside in my flower beds/garden!
Since the wife and I have only lived in apartments since being married we havent had the option of having an outdoor cat. So both of our little bubblegums (said lovingly) are indoor mess makers. And as a matter of fact. I am almost positive that our first cat, Tikka, wouldnt survive outdoors. Poor thing cant pounce to save her life.

IMG951491.jpg 20161210_215425.jpg

When my wife and I were first married 30 some years ago we used to go camping, fishing and boating. We had a cat that looked like the one Howard1955 posted. We used to take him with us. He loved to travel in the cab over camper, liked to look out the front overhead window. People couldn't believe we took our cat camping. But what really got them going was when we took him in the boat fishing with us. They couldn't believe it. He liked going in the boat and really got excited when there was a fish flopping around in the bottom of the boat. i have a couple of pictures of him in the boat, one of them looks like he's fishing with a rod and reel.

Speaking of cats that like to travel...

IMG_0171.JPG

I am finding it interesting that we cannot seem to find anyone with kittens on the SE PDX area except for a pet store wanting $150 and $200 for their two available kittens. I thought $30 for a cat was over the top.

If anyone has a lead, I would appreciate hearing about it.

It's too bad you didn't go back east for the inauguration today.
You could have grabbed yourself a pussy while you were there,...

You know, like the one that moved out of the White House this morning. :D

LOL,... Sorry, but I couldn't resist!

Since the wife and I have only lived in apartments since being married we havent had the option of having an outdoor cat. So both of our little bubblegums (said lovingly) are indoor mess makers. And as a matter of fact. I am almost positive that our first cat, Tikka, wouldnt survive outdoors. Poor thing cant pounce to save her life.

View attachment 336487 View attachment 336488

Big babies!

I am finding it interesting that we cannot seem to find anyone with kittens on the SE PDX area except for a pet store wanting $150 and $200 for their two available kittens. I thought $30 for a cat was over the top.

Cat Adoption Team in Sherwood usually has events where you can meet the kittens/cats.
I know my vet, Rose City Veterinary always has one or two from various adoption / rescue places.

If you really want to do a good deed, head out to the Multnomah County Animal Shelter just off the 84. They have to put animals down that end up there if they go unclaimed or can't be re-homed. :(

Go up to the ASPCA "Oregon Humane Society" up on Columbia Blvd in NE PDX. They always have a bunch of cats. We live in the area and go in on occasion just to look at the cats. Kittens maybe less than adults, but maybe you can put in requests for a call back if they don't have kittens?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top