JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a Maine Coon that we rescued from a very abusive situation, you might say we catnapped him to get him away from a bad situation. He was the sweetest, most gentle cat we have ever had. For the first 7 years we had him he made absolutely no sound, we just assumed his voice box had someway been damaged. Then one day out of the blue he meowed and since that day he never stopped. He lived to be 15 years old and my children and oldest grandchild remember him and miss him to this day.

@BEN LILLY , post a picture of your kitty when you get him.

You know, some cats can get pretty big. Ever seen a liger?

IMG_0685.JPG

We had a Maine Coon that we rescued from a very abusive situation, you might say we catnapped him to get him away from a bad situation. He was the sweetest, most gentle cat we have ever had. For the first 7 years we had him he made absolutely no sound, we just assumed his voice box had someway been damaged. Then one day out of the blue he meowed and since that day he never stopped. He lived to be 15 years old and my children and oldest grandchild remember him and miss him to this day.
They're a different kind of cat, that's for sure. I got mine from my mom when she was going into senior housing and couldn't keep him. He was a year old then, probably 14-15 now. He'll play fight, no claws and very gentle biting. If he gets carried away biting and you tell him to take it easy he'll start licking the spot like " Oop sorry!" I've only seen him fight twice, once when his buddy got jumped by a neighborhood cat and was getting his butt kicked and once after I took in a big stray Tom that thought he was going to be the boss cat. He (the stray) was getting thumped pretty good around the head and shoulders and decided he didn't want any part of 25 lbs of POed Maine Coon. He's been real meek and mild since.

IMG_0474.jpg

Last Edited:
@Howard1955

It's good to see the kittens and you are enjoying life, I wish you and the misses many years of joy from those two.We'll try to stop by sometime.

@Norwestr55,
where you at in Monmouth neighbor ? grew up there and we live just south near suver, we might know each other ?
Possibly if you lived on S Broad St. I had a next door neighbor that was into guns but they moved away 5-6 yrs ago.

Back in December when the OP was started, we started looking for a kitten. Could not find any and when we saw some months later they were expensive.

One day a cat showed up at our house. She appeared abandoned. We started taking care of her and soon she settled in and became a nice house cat and a good mouser when we let her out.

Fast forward to 4-weeks ago and she decides to have kittens.

Now we have a mom cat and six kittens.

This one is Zoro...I'm keeping her.

IMG_4324.JPG

This is mom...she is taking a break from the kids

IMG_4346.JPG

I've seen that look from human moms.

Last Edited:
Back in December when the OP was started, we started looking for a kitten. Could not find any and when we saw some months later they were expensive.

One day a cat showed up at our house. She appeared abandoned. We started taking care of her and soon she settled in and became a nice house cat and a good mouser when we let her out.

Fast forward to 4-weeks ago and she decides to have kittens.

Now we have a mom cat and six kittens.

This one is Zoro...I'm keeping her.

View attachment 382990

This is mom...she is taking a break from the kids

View attachment 382992

I've seen that look from human moms.

I like Zorro. (What a cutie).

Two of the happiest cats in the world.

Cleopatra, AKA 'Cleo':

View attachment 355875

Thumbelina, AKA 'Thumbs':
View attachment 355876

Thumbs looks a lot like our cat Bandit. He was found on our property two years ago this coming labor day weekend. He was only five weeks old and other four legged creatures were looking for him at the sametime. I think he loves the world and has a hair trigger purr button. 20170702_112803.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews