JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm still not quite sure how it happened, but during my last hells canyon trip pretty much the one gun closest to me got a small ding in the barrel of a old ithaca side by side 20guage that was my dad. It's pretty much that one gun out of the collection that I inherited from him that really I really relate too,

Anyhow, eough with that, I do know it's possible to get barrels fixed. Who do you guys recommend for this? I am willing to travel a bit. This gun is extremely important to me, as I spent many years grouse and quail hunting with him with this gun.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies. Shaun

I'm still not quite sure how it happened, but during my last hells canyon trip pretty much the one gun closest to me got a small ding in the barrel of a old ithaca side by side 20guage that was my dad. It's pretty much that one gun out of the collection that I inherited from him that really I really relate too,

Anyhow, eough with that, I do know it's possible to get barrels fixed. Who do you guys recommend for this? I am willing to travel a bit. This gun is extremely important to me, as I spent many years grouse and quail hunting with him with this gun.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies. Shaun

No personal recommendations from me but calling around starting with ones closer too you and talking with them should give you a real good idea if they are up to the task or not.

IMO, guns are for shooting but having said that - there are a few guns that I inherited and are not replaceable so get used rarely and are mostly safe queens because of the problem your having right now.

Yes I've raised a dent or two in quite a few shotgun barrels. Nothing worse than using my grandfathers shotgun and then whacking it on the tailgate of my truck and putting a big dent in it..That was the first one I fixed..
I've done allot since then!

Can you post up a photo of the dent?

THe dent is 17" away from the breech and 7 1/4 away from the muzzle
shotgundent.jpg

shotgundent.jpg

No personal recommendations from me but calling around starting with ones closer too you and talking with them should give you a real good idea if they are up to the task or not.

IMO, guns are for shooting but having said that - there are a few guns that I inherited and are not replaceable so get used rarely and are mostly safe queens because of the problem your having right now.

Yeah it would be easier to lock it away, but frankly it's my favorite grouse gun. Probably bcause of the auto ejectors. I was always jealous the skb he bought me when I was a kid didnt have them, and it does really help when you get into a few quail :)

well I have a 12 gauge and a 16 gauge English hydraulic dent raiser but not a 16. I have a friend with a 16ga raiser so I just need to figure out what trade him for it. These things run about $400 each but are worth their weight in gold if you need it!

I feel your pain. I have a Stevens 12 gauge side by side that was my father's first gun (his 14th birthday present and he's 70 now). I keep it in the back of the safe with a gun sock over it. One of my favorite pieces. It's good to see so many of us are sentimental about our firearms and their origins. I hope Velzey can fix you up. From what I've heard, he's the man for the job.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top