JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for a handgun for a .30 caliber bullet that would fit a M1 Carbine from WWII. I have so much ammunition and have sold all of the carbines.

The Nagant 7.62X38

th.jpg

30 carbine handgun----

AMT Automag III
Ruger Blackhawk
Taurus Raging 30
Inland manufacturing Motor Patrol
A few other versions of the M1 carbine in pistol configurations
A unicorn--the Grebey Auto Pistol
Excel arms X-30
TC Contender
Probably somebody has made a derringer in 30 carbine---

Not quite the .30 carbine, yet .30 caliber none the less---I had a T/C with a 30/30 barrel and got to be a decent shot at the IHMSA 200 yard matches....and then had to move to a full length .308 in XP100 custom beastie. You've got a lot of choices out there for using your .30 carbine stash, by then you may well be lusting for yet another caliber something or other.

I shot 2 Automag .30s a buddy had about 30 years ago. One worked quite well, and the other simply had some undiscovered glitch that made it 'no fun'. While not common, the 30 carbine Blackhawks ALWAYS worked.

Years back I had an Automag III as well as a 6" Automag II. I sent them to a smith that specialized in them and they came back excellent running pistols. I also had a Blackhawk .30 Carbine and it was a hoot to shoot. Lots of flash and noise and dead simple.

Be careful, the Automags are really neat guns, but they're getting older and that means more and more of them have likely been messed with. Their prices are high and there's not a lot of support out there for them. The Blackhawk, no such issues.

I've been wanting a .30 Blackhawk recently but I just can't justify it. (Dammit :confused: )

The AMT I had was "no fun" . Only person I'd recommend one to is my ex wife. If you want a stout 30 cal semi auto that cycles ammo reliably I'd look more at the various 7.62 Tokarev offerings.

I absolutely love mine! In fact it is probably one of my favorites to shoot. The trigger and recoil action is just unbelievably smooth. Everyone who has shot my IAI (AMT) III absolutely loves it too. (For the right price I'd buy a couple more as I know people that want them after shooting mine. :) )

I have only had one problem with a particular brand of ammo. I brought back the box of ammo with 5 primer strikes and no "BANG". After much "discussion" reluctantly they agreed that the rounds should have fired and did not. They gave me my money back.

AMT did have some "issues" with some of their firearms from the various models/calibers. Nothing that couldn't be worked out fairly easily. After all they were making firearms in calibers that no one else was. You're bound to get a "hiccup" every once in a while.

And yes, it is definitely a head turner at the outdoor and indoor ranges. ;)

I had two AMT automag III's at one time and had no issues with them, just got away from 30 carbine. Same thing here I sold all my M1 carbines also. Finally just traded away the ammo for firearms.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews