JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I've been doing some reading as I've been l'm looking for more data on a few questions. I've condensed my questions down to 3. Which I think are the big three.

1. Quick Detach (QD) or Threaded?
I will be doing long range precision shooting with it, and so far my research is saying threaded not QD. But there are several makers out there that claim it is just as good?
What are people's thoughts?

2. Titanium Or Steel?
The light weight of Titanium is really an interesting idea. And very appealing, though some of my research says that pure Titanium will break down quickly. Some companies are claiming to use a Titanium Alloy which will be the best of both worlds. What do people think?

3. Manufacturer?
I keep looking at Yankee Hill, and Quicksilver. But I don't have any hands on experience with either.
Suggestions?

All depends on how much you want to spend and exactly what you are going to do with it. If you are planning on using it as a "bench" target gun can that mostly gets used off a rest on one or two guns I would go with thread mount steel can.

If you are wanting to use it on a lot of of different guns (example, AR, R700, M1A, FAL) I say go with QD mount since you will need thread adapters you might as well get the proper mount and leave it in place on the gun. Also if you are going to be using it on say an AR where you might be be using it unsupported go as light as you can.

I have a thread mount .30 cal can now that I only use on a couple guns and had to have them threaded to match. It weighs in at 26oz which is a lot of forward weight if not shooting off the bipod or a rest. I am currently looking at a QD Ti can, QUICKSAND - GEMTECH because I can get mounts for my .300 WM, M1A's, Galil, AR's and have a couple more plan. I could use it on my .300 Whisper too but I will be sticking with my 9mm can since it weighs 10oz.

In cans it is not so much cry once buy once but there is little resale value because of the transfer taxes.

Same question as the OP except I would like one that "works" reasonable well going back and forth from .308 to .223 (if possible, I have heard that it is).

This would be for a POF .308 and a POF .223 not off the bench and lots of rounds going down range.

Thanks in advance.

The exact same thing I posted above.

Unless you really want to spend the extra money on a .223 can that is really only good for that stick with a .30 cal can. Most .223 cans are not that much smaller or lighter then .30 cal cans unless you spend lots on a high end one. Between the cost of the can and the tax it is not worth it to me.

Take a look at Thunder Beast 30P-1. They are relatively light, and have low zero shift when mounted. I see them used on bolt rifles but of course they can be used on other platforms.

If you want to spend 2K you can get more than a nice suppressor with that budget. I prefer threaded and have my barrels threaded to match my suppressors except for my pistol can which is a quick detach.

If you want to spend 2K you can get more than a nice suppressor with that budget. I prefer threaded and have my barrels threaded to match my suppressors except for my pistol can which is a quick detach.
Any particular manufacturer you prefer? So far someone is talking about Thunder Beast 30P-1. I've heard Surefire makes good cans as well.

The on from The Matrix that is friends with Neo.
And actually, I've been using the handle 'Morpheus' for a very long time. Very much pre-dating The Matrix, while a fun work of science fiction it did annoy the **** out of me as my online handle was kind of ruined by it.

-M

I have Surefire Suppressors in stock that you can check out.

I sling and test out tons of silencers.
Silencerco, SWR, and Surefire are the ones I mainly sell.

The Gemtech Sandstorm is an awesome can also. They make great stuff.

The best thread-on .308 can I can find is the SWR Omega 300. The tone it produces is very comfortable on my ears. 0 ringing even with standard velocity ammo.

Try to not buy based on db reduction alone. Everyone's ears pick up sounds differently, so it is best to go to a silencer shoot and see which can feels best you YOUR ear.

ETA: I only shoot standard velocity ammo.

Gemtech makes some of the best suppressors for all uses. The QD is very sturdy and appropriate for precision shooting. However, the same cans can be threaded on. Just have to request which "system" and thread pitch at the time of order. I'm pretty sure Discount Gun Sales in Beaverton has the .30 cal can in their case right now. At least they did this last weekend.

Kodiak61
Same question as the OP except I would like one that "works" reasonable well going back and forth from .308 to .223 (if possible, I have heard that it is).

This would be for a POF .308 and a POF .223 not off the bench and lots of rounds going down range.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the quality of this companies suppressors, but BeaverCreek Armory off Hwy26 and Shute Rd in Hillsboro make a suppressor adaptable for a .308 and .223.for $795. Beavercreek Armory

Might look at the Advanced Armament 300SD it's a QD can and It's Titanium. It uses a 90 tooth muzzle brake ratchet mount. It was designed for long range precision shooting. Also can handle semi auto use. As long as your not doing mag dumb after mag dumb.

Curts Discount Shooter Supply in Milwaukie has most of the AAC products in-stock.
503-819-5881

if you plan on ever running it on a full auto or heavy use on a semi I would consider something with an inconel blast baffle as it is one of the most durable metals in the face of high heat. Just my .02

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top