JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was out with my buddy Stan hunting Illinois River Road and Chrome Ridge today.
This 2 year old 3 pointer Blacktail was shot on Chrome Ridge at 12:10.
IMG_1368-crop-resizer.jpg

What make of rifle you have???
That rifle is a 1942 Lee Enfield #4 Mk1* British .303 made at the Longbranch Armory in Canada.
My landlord 30 years ago was taking it to the dumps when I got it. It was muddy, rusty, missing the bolt and had a rotten stock.
Now it has an ATI stock, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40, Allen sling and bullet holder.
The bullet is a .312 150Gn Hornady Triple Lock with 45.5Gn of Ramtec Big Game powder.
It shoots like a .308.

From what I understand the Lee Enfield and the Winchester 94 have taken more deer, elk and moose in North America than all other rifles combined.

It's my favorite rifle. I trust it completly.
If I can love a gun, that is it.:love:I'd never sell it.

What scope mount are you using?
It's a modified ATI #4-MK1 mount. But my #4 MK1* Enfield didn't have the right holes and tabs for it.

I first drilled and tapped an extra screw hole in the front part of the mount to give it more grip. Then I cut some aluminum to fit and drilled and tapped some holes into the receiver and mount and screwed it together. The stainless hex screws came from the local Ace Hardware. A little blue loctite finished it off.

It's solid, so far I have over 150 rds through it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top