JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Discussion threads aren't lockable by the OP because it goes against the concept of a community discussion. A thread doesn't 'belong' to the person who starts it, they're simply throwing out an idea, question, or suggestion for the community to talk about.

On many forums you visit you'll notice people absolutely insist people 'use the search feature'. I've never liked that because, as you said, sometimes you don't want to have to wade through old or irrelevant information. On the flip side, I don't think there's anything wrong with bumping old threads either. We leave it up to the member ;)
The reason I asked this question is that the heading of your post says "lock your sold adds and threads". That made me think that you could lock threads. That is what made me ask my current question.

I would like to see the poster have to have a minimum number of posts before they can post anything for sale..Say 50 postings?
People use NWFA as craigslist and just come here to sell their junk. Don't post prices, post it in the wrong location. Etc etc
Then they sell their wares and leave the ad up and not edited to reflect that the sale has been completed..Just disrespectful all around!

I chimed in late to the thread, my own thoughts are that ads are like garage sales and we have all seen those annoying signs up long after the sale was over. Some cities will give a fine but then all that does is lower the amount of garage sales there are. Or some even insist on permits for a sale and signs. But it doesn't address the problem and that is people that don't think beyond themselves. Being in a few firearms groups I read daily how ignorant our law makers are and we all look at them and realize they do not think either. So the fact is there are some people whom just don't care and then there are those that do and as long as these people exist on the planted there will be conflict and very little resolution.

Just my two pennies.

I would like to see the poster have to have a minimum number of posts before they can post anything for sale..Say 50 postings?
People use NWFA as craigslist and just come here to sell their junk. Don't post prices, post it in the wrong location. Etc etc
Then they sell their wares and leave the ad up and not edited to reflect that the sale has been completed..Just disrespectful all around!

I agree but there are a lot of times people join and sell something for a steal so it's a double edged sword on that IMO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top