Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lock your SOLD ads and threads!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe13, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not sure how? Ask...

It is severely rude to take the time to post an advertisement for something, which can take many minutes or more, and then post "SOLD" and leave it there - close the thread at least, please (it takes less then 15 sec).

Also, deleting the asking price once sold only hurts the used market and doesn't help anyone.

I will give y'all some credit for posting it sold at the least - few things are as irritating as to click an interesting looking ad only to find the OP is 6 years old and the only thing added to the thread is "Is this still available?".

Locking your threads is akin to picking up after yourself in a public area -don't be a slob:mad:

EDIT: Basic Instructions in Post #13 of this thread.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I fear that message will just fall on deaf ears...:(

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

HEY, are you talking to me? J/K thought it was left out there for a swiinnnggggg and a miss.
    Free bump to get the word out.:)

BoonDocks36, Joe13 and etrain16 like this.
  4. etrain16

I would never pick on you Caveman :p

Joe13 likes this.
  5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I vote Joe13 be appointed classifiedaddcloserupper-mod!

6. etrain16

Seconded. Do we have to caucus now or something to make it official?

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  7. 308

Need one more vote and it's official. @Joe Link will have no choice but to obey our commands :D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  8. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hey now!

I'm trying to make things better not worse.

It's all I can do to not comment on crazy ads to begin with:p

BoonDocks36, etrain16 and Mikej like this.
  9. 308

You will become more disciplined. Think of it as a forced savings account.

Joe13 and etrain16 like this.
  10. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Well I had to wonder since I'm DND (dang near deaf)...o_O:D

11. etrain16

Polls are just in, @Joe13 is leading Bernie Sanders for Classifieds Moderator by 15%. The independents are still on the fence, but I think we can win their vote. Joe may need to kiss a few babies (or babes), to lock it up. :p

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  12. Joe13

Or he could put an orange wig on and say anything he wants and still win:D

BoonDocks36 and etrain16 like this.
  13. Joe13

Basic Instructions:

At the top right of your first post should be a button/menu bar labeled "Tool's".

As the OP you should have an option that say's "Thread Open", just uncheck that box and the thread is now locked to any new reply's and shows a little picture of a Pad Lock on the thread title (and may dim it as well.

@Joe Link is always improving the site so it may be a little different on your computer/phone/tablet using explorer/safari/fire fox/chomeconfiguration.

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

At some point in the future we'll be able to see how many 'active' ads each user has at one time. They won't be able to post new ads without closing old ones ;)

BoonDocks36, Sgt Nambu, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  15. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

Are we now able to lock a discussion thread? You told me a little while ago that I was not able to.

Joe13 likes this.
  16. Joe13

Whoa, I hadn't even realized that. Went to my tool bar and only have the option to Add a poll or Unwatch this thread - that's kind of strange.

@Joe Link, I know your constantly upgrading and fixing issues, is there a reason why discussion threads can not be closed - maybe so the OP can't get a last nasty word in? I dunno.

Something to consider I guess.

I would rather have the option of starting or inputting on a thread that was currently created (on the same topic as things change drastically from year to year on some of this information) then have to start at the end of a thread that's been resurrected from 6 years ago to see anything new and figure out how it pertains to the thread.

17. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Discussion threads aren't lockable by the OP because it goes against the concept of a community discussion. A thread doesn't 'belong' to the person who starts it, they're simply throwing out an idea, question, or suggestion for the community to talk about.

On many forums you visit you'll notice people absolutely insist people 'use the search feature'. I've never liked that because, as you said, sometimes you don't want to have to wade through old or irrelevant information. On the flip side, I don't think there's anything wrong with bumping old threads either. We leave it up to the member ;)

18. Joe13

You run a great ship sir! Thanks for the insights:)

19. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I would like to see the asking price on closed ads, too.:)

Joe13 likes this.
  20. 308

I would like to see an actual city location. If the location is close, I am often more inclined to buy.

BoonDocks36, Joe13 and Sgt Nambu like this.