JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure how? Ask...

It is severely rude to take the time to post an advertisement for something, which can take many minutes or more, and then post "SOLD" and leave it there - close the thread at least, please (it takes less then 15 sec).

Also, deleting the asking price once sold only hurts the used market and doesn't help anyone.

I will give y'all some credit for posting it sold at the least - few things are as irritating as to click an interesting looking ad only to find the OP is 6 years old and the only thing added to the thread is "Is this still available?".

Locking your threads is akin to picking up after yourself in a public area -don't be a slob:mad:

EDIT: Basic Instructions in Post #13 of this thread.

Last Edited:
Basic Instructions:

At the top right of your first post should be a button/menu bar labeled "Tool's".

As the OP you should have an option that say's "Thread Open", just uncheck that box and the thread is now locked to any new reply's and shows a little picture of a Pad Lock on the thread title (and may dim it as well.

@Joe Link is always improving the site so it may be a little different on your computer/phone/tablet using explorer/safari/fire fox/chomeconfiguration.

At some point in the future we'll be able to see how many 'active' ads each user has at one time. They won't be able to post new ads without closing old ones ;)

Are we now able to lock a discussion thread? You told me a little while ago that I was not able to.

Whoa, I hadn't even realized that. Went to my tool bar and only have the option to Add a poll or Unwatch this thread - that's kind of strange.

@Joe Link, I know your constantly upgrading and fixing issues, is there a reason why discussion threads can not be closed - maybe so the OP can't get a last nasty word in? I dunno.

Something to consider I guess.

I would rather have the option of starting or inputting on a thread that was currently created (on the same topic as things change drastically from year to year on some of this information) then have to start at the end of a thread that's been resurrected from 6 years ago to see anything new and figure out how it pertains to the thread.

Whoa, I hadn't even realized that. Went to my tool bar and only have the option to Add a poll or Unwatch this thread - that's kind of strange.

@Joe Link, I know your constantly upgrading and fixing issues, is there a reason why discussion threads can not be closed - maybe so the OP can't get a last nasty word in? I dunno.

Something to consider I guess.

Discussion threads aren't lockable by the OP because it goes against the concept of a community discussion. A thread doesn't 'belong' to the person who starts it, they're simply throwing out an idea, question, or suggestion for the community to talk about.

I would rather have the option of starting or inputting on a thread that was currently created (on the same topic as things change drastically from year to year on some of this information) then have to start at the end of a thread that's been resurrected from 6 years ago to see anything new and figure out how it pertains to the thread.

On many forums you visit you'll notice people absolutely insist people 'use the search feature'. I've never liked that because, as you said, sometimes you don't want to have to wade through old or irrelevant information. On the flip side, I don't think there's anything wrong with bumping old threads either. We leave it up to the member ;)

Discussion threads aren't lockable by the OP because it goes against the concept of a community discussion. A thread doesn't 'belong' to the person who starts it, they're simply throwing out an idea, question, or suggestion for the community to talk about.

On many forums you visit you'll notice people absolutely insist people 'use the search feature'. I've never liked that because, as you said, sometimes you don't want to have to wade through old or irrelevant information. On the flip side, I don't think there's anything wrong with bumping old threads either. We leave it up to the member ;)

You run a great ship sir! Thanks for the insights:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top