JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What match/custom gun or parts would you like to see locally manufactured

• 1911's

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • AR's

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Bolt action rifles, hunting or benchrest

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Single shots, falling/rolling blocks etc

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Shotguns

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Glocks

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
Some sort of purpose built PCC with multi cartridge type capability and an integral (or at least included) .22RF conversion for plinking/practice. Single shot, bolt action repeater, pump, lever or semi-auto could be cool. Take down and/or folding stock. And not physically huge.

Really the major issue with current PCCS, that of size... comes down to the law. 16" barrel and OAL of 26" for not being subject to NFA 1934...

If not for that, we could have had many compact PCCs easily.
Length, yes. Other dimensions are included in "size". An AR 9mm PCC is dramatically larger than, for instance, the more powerful M1 Carbine.

Really the major issue with current PCCS, that of size... comes down to the law. 16" barrel and OAL of 26" for not being subject to NFA 1934...

If not for that, we could have had many compact PCCs easily.
True, but if you reduce the size of the action, barrel length isn't a big deal anymore. Turn a 6" action into a 2" action and its like you are running a 12" barrel.

Doubt it would sell or that you could make 'em at a price within my budget, but I've been trying to find a source for "portsider" 1911 parts since college...

No real vote to cast in your poll, but wish you the best in this endeavor whatever direction you go.

3 things for making an AR seem overly large compared to older designs; magazine size, pistol grip, and sights. But really, look at the MP-5 types, Skorpions, most post-war SMGs, and tell me they're not as tall as an AR....... the only ones that aren't, have magazines sticking out to the left anyways, so it's deceptive. It comes down to designs and appearances.

a 10mm M1 Carbine might be awesome though.

even if you were able to reduce the action height to be in a single tube like on the Sten and Sterling, you will still have the magazine, the pistol grip, and sight height to deal with, especially if you go the way of Mech-Tech carbine's straight tube/straight stock.... If you build it so that the butt stock is angled like on the older lever action and Sten/Sterling designs, you would likely end up with something that looks just plain weird with magazine sticking down anyhow.

If you make it similar to the HK shape, you end up having a thick/tall receiver and still need to deal with the pistol grip and magazine even if you were able to reduce sight height over bore.

Marlin Camp/ PC-9 styled design, might be better looking, but there's the question of size because of the length requirements, and the magazine requirements.

the Steyr AUG 9mm works because of its design, even though it may take a huge footprint in the safe, or the case, it feels much more compact because of being a bullpup design, even with a 16"-18" barrel....(again, this is where the HTA bullpup kit seems to be successful, even with its high price)

a 9mm, .40, 10mm, .45 version of the AR-7 might actually be fun to design/build, but we have that pesky 16" barrel/26" OAL problem to deal with... it would likely benefit from having a round quad-rail handguard or similar stuck to the barrel just so it doesn't look like a strange version of a power washer :rolleyes:

FWIW...

The One Stop Accuracy Shop.

What is the one thing that drives all enthusiasts? Accuracy of either their handgun or rifle.

When I buy a new rifle, I confirm it is accurate by doing the following:
Lap bolt lugs / face ( 1 hour )
Scope mount ( selection, online purchase, receiving and installation, 45 minutes )
Scope ( selection online purchase, receiving and installation, 45 minutes)
Trigger tune ( 1 hour )
Bore sight ( 10 minutes )
Take to the range and shoot a variety of ammo and determine best ( 4 hours )
Measure rifle chamber and determine best overall length of ammo to .005 off lands ( 20 minutes )
Load custom ammo to test in the rifle ( 3 hours bench, 3 hours range )

So from the acquisition of a new rifle to getting it in "shooting shape" I have a minimum 14 hours in it. This does not include a, trigger replacements or stock work. Replacing a trigger adds 2 hours. Replacing a stock or bedding it another two to six hours.

I can easily put two full days of work into delivering a gun that is acceptably accurate, to me. I would easily pay $500 for the work to be done for me to my specifications and have 100 rounds of spec'ed ammo delivered as well. That's enough ammo to last me the lifetime hunting of the rifle if I know it is accurate.

D

I always though a modern interpretation of the colt mars concept with a with be cool, especially in 30 carbine or the like...

In terms of manufacturing ability isn't the Lionheart regulus made or at least assembled in Kirkland Washington?

Stainless AK in 7.62 x 39
SA Revolver (prefer Stainless) 7 3/4" in 7.62 x 39
DA Revolver (prefer Stainless) 6" in 10 mm
Semi-Auto Pistol (prefer Stainless) 10" in 7.62 x 39
Some sort of belt fed .22lr semi Rifle with extra sling swivel mounts. pref SS
Mini shell .12 ga Clover Leaf 4" Revolver pref SS
.308 Lever Action 5 or ten rd mag options pref SS
9 mm Lever Action 5, 15, 17, 33 rd mag options

Will Confirm Order when Ferrari Fund is Full.

It might be sick and wrong, but a Chiappa Rhino with the top cut off where a barrel would normally be and a shot gun tube added might be pretty slick! Especially if it was a .44 Mag!:D
Why not take 2 contenders side by side, like they did with the 1911 double barrel, in 30-30 or 45-75 and add a 12 gauge barrel :D:eek:

1. 1911's YES lots of people are willing to pay bucks for good 1911 parts or mods

2. AR's Well, market is crazy crowded, lot of cheap stuff already made - market saturated.

3. Bolt action rifles, hunting or benchrest YES YES YES to everything - figure out how to make the most accurite beautiful action with the most respected design elements people like and make it super smooth and figure out how to do the best deep dark awesome bluing. Make limited numbers so people will always be wanting them and can not find them, then sell from factory website but auction style and let market set the price. Or, just copy the Karabiner Model 1931 (K31) straight pull bolt action concept except - the modern version. Hint, take a modern auto and convert it to straight pull bolt. Make the bolt with little replaceable Teflon inserts and/or nickle boron plating.

4. Single shots, falling/rolling blocks etc NO - not many people looking for single shots but you can always offer one if you do the bolt actions as above.

5. Shotguns Sure make a auto loading bull pup 10 shot high capacity assault shotgun with a detachable mag. I like shooting my Mossberg 500 but like shooting my Remington 1100 better but it is built for hunting not assault/home defense. Make it with built in recoil reducing stock & laser sight. Make it military tough.

6. Glocks YES, lot of people seem to be willing to spend bucks on pimping out their Glocks - how about some nice looking cnc slides or cnc mods to slides for optics and here would be the biggie - A CNC all metal Glock - make an aluminum Glock lower but make it look like 20 yrs into the future cool. Call it the P20 = Glock + 20 yrs haha.
  7. Look around and see what other companies are doing that people are talking about and want on model specific gun forums.
  8. Start "Kel Tec West" but make better quality aluminum/metal guns instead of plastic junk. If Kel tec can make the PF9 and P11 then get copied by SCCY then you can make the all metal version and better them both, with built in laser.... but, do it right and make the laser activate when you slightly move the trigger as in 1/16th take up and laser activates.
  9. Re-launch the Colt Python... haha but seriously people would love it. Make it NO COMPROMISE quality and uber expensive, if it is good people will pay and you'll be an instant rock star. Make it out of titanium for the Coup de grâce...
  10. Re-launch the Colt Diamondback .22 - I love this gun. Buy one and dead nutz copy it but with steel cylinder, aluminum frame and barrel but with steel liner ala dan wesson, hard anodize it black and make it out of 7075 billet. Titanium version would also be cool...
  11. Make a assault style stock for the 1022 but with hollow front section that holds 500 rounds [full brick] with an electric auto feed system [battery in rear of stock] that grabs the rounds, lines them up and feeds them into the action like some of the mag loaders do with a little cogged belt. 10 round mag limit? screw you lefty, my 1022 fires 500 rounds before needing to reload.
  12. If you build guns, offer good metal sights with tritium inserts. People universally hate low quality plastic sights. Offer threaded barrel on every gun.
  13. Call your company "Resurrection Firearms" and just remake all the old classic guns people love.
~

Last Edited:
Just looking for some (hypothetical) ;) ideas on what people might like or be willing to spend their hard earned money on. I would hate to see a company waste their money to manufacture, or customize, a gun that no one wants.

I wish someone could make a rifle similar to the kimber Montana, that was CRF and stainless that fed like a pre 64 and was truly a lightweight "matchgrade" rifle. I'd buy a few, if priced right.

Design something new!
This. There may be market share for some re-introductions (I especially like NCWs Diamondback suggestion) we gotta remember there are reasons they were discontinued. Mostly not enough sales to stay in production. There can be a variety of reasons for this, cost being a big one. Replicating a Colt Python with the proper fit and finish at a price most could afford would be tough.

Something entirely different wouldn't be judged by some previous example that was "better". I think there are still unplowed fields in the area of action design, feed mechanisms, cartridge versatility etc. etc. You just need the ideas, skills, tools, and time/money to develop it and get it into production. Not a simple combination to pull together.

Then the market can say "it's different, it's wrong" ;):p:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads