JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What match/custom gun or parts would you like to see locally manufactured

• 1911's

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • AR's

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Bolt action rifles, hunting or benchrest

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Single shots, falling/rolling blocks etc

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Shotguns

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Glocks

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
As of right now there isn't a specific audience in mind, although the cheap market is already pretty well saturated and who wants to be know as the guy who puts out the hi point of 1911's lol (not trying to start anything with hi point owners lol)

You have been into guns long enough to know that you get what you pay for and from what I have seen, the majority of people are willing to pay a little more for quality.
Not always though... Sometimes you get more than what you pay for. But that doesn't apply to U.S made products much anymore. :(

Well. I voted bolt action. If you come up with something new like the Q Fix I think you would do well. If you do nothing but Remington actions, pass. I wasn't interested before, likely never will be.

I would love a unique bolt action in a micro configuration. Something that can host a variety of calibers that are not currently available in a bolt action. Think pistol caliber for very quiet plinking or whatnots.

Just throwing my thoughts out there.

Well. I voted bolt action. If you come up with something new like the Q Fix I think you would do well. If you do nothing but Remington actions, pass. I wasn't interested before, likely never will be.
I would love a unique bolt action in a micro configuration. Something that can host a variety of calibers that are not currently available in a bolt action. Think pistol caliber for very quiet plinking or whatnots.

Just throwing my thoughts out there.

Ooooooooo, pistol cal. Carbine!:D
All the flavors and can even take pistol mags, or custom mags for those that don't have mags, or super hard to come by. Think .22TCM or 10 MM auto bolt guns, even 9 MM would be a hoot:cool: 50 A.E. or even 500 S&W for that serious thumper! Even better, a MAUSER action to work for all these!:D

Yes, pistol caliber carbines. The popularity of the Ruger PC9 ( sort of a glorified Marlin Camp Carbine), the M1 Carbine, the Destroyer Carbine(an example, not claiming popularity), back to the 1873 Winchester shows the enduring potential for PC carbine in assorted action types.

A 16" long barrel threaded, short throw bolt action with a decent magazine capacity and chambered in larger pistol calibers . Like .357. .44 mag. Have robust iron sights as well as 1913 rail for a scope or red dot and one up front for a light. Needs to be a reasonable weight, 6lbs or so.

A 44 mag can gain almost 1000 ft/lbs of energy going from a 2" barrel to a 16" with federal 240g HSTs. From 450 to 1400. Ballistics by the inch

That's interesting because I had that thought as well but was not sure if people would like the idea. I have always liked the idea of a 10mm carbine but a bolt action in the larger thumper pistol calibers is a cool idea

And..................
A take down! Something with a nice quick take down, and .................a caliber swap! Oooooooooo. A floating bolt face like a Savage With a Mauser Claw, I'm getting all tingly!:D:D:D

We gotta talk Bro! You can't leave a feller hangin now!:):p:D

And..................
A take down! Something with a nice quick take down, and .................a caliber swap! Oooooooooo. A floating bolt face like a Savage With a Mauser Claw, I'm getting all tingly!:D:D:D

We gotta talk Bro! You can't leave a feller hangin now!:):p:D
Shoot me a PM and we can talk, this is interesting! :D

The 2011 was already on the radar.

I love revolvers. What kind are you talking about? Hunting, competition, cowboy SAO etc etc?

My personal interest is competition. Currently shooting Classic division in ICORE but looking for an 8 shot/ moon clip-compatible to upgrade to Limited and see if I have the stones to shoot wheelgun in USPSA

No idea
Ooooooooo, pistol cal. Carbine!:D
All the flavors and can even take pistol mags, or custom mags for those that don't have mags, or super hard to come by. Think .22TCM or 10 MM auto bolt guns, even 9 MM would be a hoot:cool: 50 A.E. or even 500 S&W for that serious thumper! Even better, a MAUSER action to work for all these!:D
someone here is selling their tcm bolt action. Rock Island did them up for a while. Their was even an outfitter converting them to 9mm.

I would buy a 9mm bolt gun in the 6-8 hundred range. 16" threaded. Would be really cool.

Some sort of purpose built PCC with multi cartridge type capability and an integral (or at least included) .22RF conversion for plinking/practice. Single shot, bolt action repeater, pump, lever or semi-auto could be cool. Take down and/or folding stock. And not physically huge.

a Pistol Caliber Carbine that takes 80-90% AR parts, and is priced at the same price point of budget ARs, say between $300 and $400, and takes Glock mags, or similarly affordable magazines, would be a very good seller I would think; especially in 10mm. I mean, look at HIPOINT 1095ts, they ARE selling very well because of being on the low end of that price point... BUT they're still not taking double stack mags, and still look rather homely (Actually, with the use of the HTA bullpup stock, they look much better but the price goes way up to just about $500 or so...)

I have an idea other than the affordable PCC that would be competitive with Hi Point carbines....
lever action .300 blackout/5.56 with quick change barrels, and takes AR mags if possible..if not, then something like the Savage Model 99 but in 5.56/.300blk quick change barrel? How's that for a blend of modern and retro??

a Pistol Caliber Carbine that takes 80-90% AR parts, and is priced at the same price point of budget ARs, say between $300 and $400, and takes Glock mags, or similarly affordable magazines, would be a very good seller I would think; especially in 10mm. I mean, look at HIPOINT 1095ts, they ARE selling very well because of being on the low end of that price point... BUT they're still not taking double stack mags, and still look rather homely (Actually, with the use of the HTA bullpup stock, they look much better but the price goes way up to just about $500 or so...)

you can grab an AR9 for a hair over $400. Glock mags, 90% standard AR parts, 9mm, 40, 10mm or 45.

Fancy AR parts would be a hard market to get into, I would think. You would have to out produce, and undercut serious operations like Primary Arms, LaRue, etc.

unique bolt action stuff would be neat.

While I do like ARs, when putting them into the safe I'm reminded how BIG they are for a little (.223) rifle. Older ones with the carry handle being even bigger. Not the best choice of format for a PCC IMO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top