JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm new to Oregon. Living in the east side of Hillsboro.

I'm a whiskey drinker.

Coming from a state were I can by it in every store I am finding it difficult to find a liquor store.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Reno911

Hillsboro has 1 liquor store I am aware of but Aloha has 2. Addresses are below. You should check out the OLCC website They have lots of store information as well as a liquor finder if you are looking for anything specific. Not that I support the OLCC, but the website is a good tool.

218 Se 6th Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97123
20285 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, Aloha, OR 97006
1285 NW 185th Ave, Aloha, OR 97006

Hillsboro has 1 liquor store I am aware of but Aloha has 2. Addresses are below. You should check out the OLCC website They have lots of store information as well as a liquor finder if you are looking for anything specific. Not that I support the OLCC, but the website is a good tool.

218 Se 6th Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97123
20285 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, Aloha, OR 97006
1285 NW 185th Ave, Aloha, OR 97006

Thanks.

I'll have to get out and check out these stores.

Kind if surprised that there is so little. I guess it is something I'll just have to get used to. Maybe learn to drink these IPAs I see everywhere ;) maybe.

I'm a big fan of Canadian whiskey. Pendleton is probably one of my favorites that I lean to.

I'll also get a little Irish on occasion with a bottle of Bushmill's.

Oddly back in Reno Costco had their own Bourbon and it was not that bad. Obviously I won't find that here. I may have to get a family member to get a case or something for me.

Oregon Liquor is controlled and taxed and managed and cost to much and has created a huge government agency.

on the other side the gals at the local Liquor store all know my name.

Thanks.

I'll have to get out and check out these stores.

Kind if surprised that there is so little. I guess it is something I'll just have to get used to. Maybe learn to drink these IPAs I see everywhere ;) maybe.

I'm a big fan of Canadian whiskey. Pendleton is probably one of my favorites that I lean to.

I'll also get a little Irish on occasion with a bottle of Bushmill's.

Oddly back in Reno Costco had their own Bourbon and it was not that bad. Obviously I won't find that here. I may have to get a family member to get a case or something for me.
Come over to Vancouver, the stores here have it on the shelves finally. And Costco probably has their brand too. I did see one bottle of 40 yr old something or other for over $900 at the Vancouver store.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Yeah, I like the convenience of buying a bottle most anywhere, I voted for it, but damn man the taxes! I think it was win/win for the state and lose/ lose for us no matter how the vote went. I only buy a couple bottles a year but it still stings to pay big on a bottle of hooch.

Funny thing is, the State would make much more in taxes selling liquor from every grocery store, Costco, Sam's club plus the increased personal income taxes from employees in privately owned liquor stores, than it does now. Drinking is a personal responsibility and the State of Oregon regulating sales as it does, accomplishes nothing!!

Hell, I can buy a gun at Fred Meyer but not liquor? That makes sense!!

Yeah, I like the convenience of buying a bottle most anywhere, I voted for it, but damn man the taxes! I think it was win/win for the state and lose/ lose for us no matter how the vote went. I only buy a couple bottles a year but it still stings to pay big on a bottle of hooch.

How bad of a tax are we talking?

I'm gonna have get all those who plan to visit me to bring some up.

I'll definitely check out Vancouver. Always forget Washington is so close by.

How bad of a tax are we talking?

I'm gonna have get all those who plan to visit me to bring some up.

I'll definitely check out Vancouver. Always forget Washington is so close by.
Hr is talking about Washington. They privatized liquor sales last year and with that came a different tax structure which upped the prices per bottle. Oregon is now cheap then Washington in cases.

Hell, I can buy a gun at Fred Meyer but not liquor? That makes sense!!

Wish it was that way in Vancouver:( Would love to walk in grab a bottle of Pendleton and a rifle:s0114: Hell ours does not even carry ammo....

Actually prices are cheaper in OR with all the taxs we pay on the liquor.

Don't get me wrong Ben. I enjoyed Icky from Great Basin back in NV. It was an IPA. I find Boneyard RPM pretty enjoyable as well. For the most part I enjoy a good porter. If not porter than yes a simple pilsner or maybe a brown if they have one.

Up North in WA we got rid of our state booze stores and now Costco has two huge isles of the hard stuff. I'm a big time Canadian whiskey fan, Pendelton and Yukon Jack for sipping, MacNaughtons for cheep mixers

For beer nothing beats organic German Hef

BTW Joe Link (admin here) has a booze forum, too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews