JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could always "Make your own" stuff... he,he....

I was reading the yelp review for fte one and only store in Hillsboro. Sounds like there's a lot of local stuff out there. Any local Oregon made whiskey recommendations?

I was reading the yelp review for fte one and only store in Hillsboro. Sounds like there's a lot of local stuff out there. Any local Oregon made whiskey recommendations?

My wife and I enjoy Rogue's Dead guy whiskey. We have had the single malt and their blended and they are both good. They are a young whiskey, not aged long but tasty straight and great with Coke.

@Reno - For Brews - check out the Orenco Tap House. Home

Full disclosure - I worked with one of the owners.

Their goal is to have a bunch of good beer, rotate thru and not be stuff you can find in other bars.

Plus they are high tech -

The parking is a bit tricky on the street - but you can walk there from the Orenco Max stop.
Find Starbucks on Cornell and turn south 1 block.

And - Washington decided to punish its residents by increasing the booze tax when they approved private liquor sales.

I've driven through Orenco. I'll have to stop there and get a beer. I've been doing a tour around the bar at the Thirsty Lion currently. It is walking distance from our apartment so it is kind of nice. However I'm not to big of a fan of the prices there. Kind of pricy for beer, but they have a lot of local brews on tap.

The only good thing about private sales in Washington is they now have 190proof ever clear. They rape you dry for it, but if you need some for a batch of apple pie the local Wal mart is close.
I usually stock up on it when in Oregon or have people bring me some from down there. It's half the price after all the taxes and stuff.

I went to a party in Gaston last month where someone had a mason jar of commercially distributed "moonshine."

After learning as a kid about the genesis of NASCAR (daylight races between moonlight hooch smugglers with hopped up cars), I was interested to see Junior Johnson's signature stamped on the label. At the zenith of his stock car driving career in the 50's, he did a year in the slammer for something to do with illegal booze.

Funny how certain verboten activities are suddenly okay, even celebrated, once Uncle Sam has both hands jammed all the way into our pockets.

Fast-forward a few years and aficionados will be chatting online about where to buy an authentically bagged (and fully taxed) lid of Willie Nelson weed.

The washington tax makes fifths almost 7 bucks more than the same bottle in Oregon. They have an alcohol tax and a liter tax on each bottle. I understand that those taxes will come down in the next few years though.

How bad of a tax are we talking?

I'm gonna have get all those who plan to visit me to bring some up.

I'll definitely check out Vancouver. Always forget Washington is so close by.

WA's liquor is virtually as expensive as it was before they deregulated it. If/when OR switches away from regulated liquor I hope we do it like California (low tax) instead of like WA. So rare to say CA did something right, but their alcohol is significantly cheaper.

WA's liquor is virtually as expensive as it was before they deregulated it. If/when OR switches away from regulated liquor I hope we do it like California (low tax) instead of like WA. So rare to say CA did something right, but their alcohol is significantly cheaper.

Liquor is significantly more expensive here in WA since the deregulation.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top