JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever wonder how long you can leave a cap and ball revolver loaded and it will still shoot?
A long while ago I was gifted a Colt 1851 Navy copy , that had sat loaded for 10 years....
When I went to shoot it...
All six chambers still went off.
2 sounded and worked fine...
3 needed a second cap...but still went off...and worked...1 of the 3 sounded a bit "weaker" than the others...
1 needed a second cap...and the round ball did clear the bore...but just sorta dropped off . after about 8 - 10 feet.
Andy

A long while ago I was gifted a Colt 1851 Navy copy , that had sat loaded for 10 years....
When I went to shoot it...
All six chambers still went off.
2 sounded and worked fine...
3 needed a second cap...but still went off...and worked...1 of the 3 sounded a bit "weaker" than the others...
1 needed a second cap...and the round ball did clear the bore...but just sorta dropped off . after about 8 - 10 feet.
Andy

Andy. Andy. Andy.

Haven't you learned enough about shooting other peoples reloads? :s0108:

Much thread about nothing.... :rolleyes:

IGNORE ;)
You have no idea how long I've been holding on to this one, just waiting for the perfect thread...

caution plaque.gif

Last Edited:
Cleaning time. What's your favorite cleaner and lube?
MVIMG_20200615_113739.jpg
OK OK lets stir up the nest!

WHY is a Glock (cough) so darn expensive compared to others? Nothing against them personally except they just don't feel/ point well for my hands...
I would agree and disagree. My experience with Glocks is that they work every single time. They do feel a little different in the hand, due to the different grip angle. I love my Glock 20, but when it comes to a EDC, I prefer my Sig p365 over my Glock 43.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top