JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
took my AR-15 out yesterday to test the slide fire stock and was getting light primer strikes anyone else have one of these stocks with a similar problem? i am kinda thinking it is the trigger that i have in there (geissele 3-gun sd) and the hammer is "following the bolt" i have read a little about people having problems with match trigger and this stock. i am most likely gonna throw my stock trigger back in but figured i would see if there is any other suggestions.

here is a video, the rounds i am manually ejecting are live rounds with light strikes, i ran them back through another one of my AR's and they all fired just fine.

I have experienced the same problem. I did, at the time, have a match target trigger in my AR. I came home and installed the factory trigger spring. No help, same problem. Came home and ordered a Wolf extra power hammer spring from Brownells, same problem. Sent a email to Slide Fire to see if they have any recommendations. If I solve the problem before you do, I will post it on this thread. I would appreciate the same courtesy if you solve the problem. Thanks.

i had a geiselle 3-gun trigger in when i was having the problem. went home and installed the dpms factory trigger and works like a charm, not a single problem since then.

Old thread, but two friends of mine had this same issue, so I did a little searching and ran across these links:

Slide Fire® Frequently Asked Bump Fire Questions | Slide Fire® Freedom Unleashed
(See Q/A #5 regarding "best trigger to use")

(You can skip the first 5 minutes where he explains how a bumpfire/slidefire stock works, and right to where he starts talking about light primer strikes).

All of that seems to go right along with what was mentioned above. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top