Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

light primer strikes with SSAR stock

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by blitz, Jun 11, 2012.

1. blitz

blitz beaverton Active Member 2015 Volunteer

took my AR-15 out yesterday to test the slide fire stock and was getting light primer strikes anyone else have one of these stocks with a similar problem? i am kinda thinking it is the trigger that i have in there (geissele 3-gun sd) and the hammer is "following the bolt" i have read a little about people having problems with match trigger and this stock. i am most likely gonna throw my stock trigger back in but figured i would see if there is any other suggestions.

here is a video, the rounds i am manually ejecting are live rounds with light strikes, i ran them back through another one of my AR's and they all fired just fine.
    DSCF3751.mp4 video by lordblitzalot - Photobucket

2. prostreet

prostreet Uniontown,PA New Member

I have experienced the same problem. I did, at the time, have a match target trigger in my AR. I came home and installed the factory trigger spring. No help, same problem. Came home and ordered a Wolf extra power hammer spring from Brownells, same problem. Sent a email to Slide Fire to see if they have any recommendations. If I solve the problem before you do, I will post it on this thread. I would appreciate the same courtesy if you solve the problem. Thanks.

3. blitz

blitz beaverton Active Member 2015 Volunteer

i had a geiselle 3-gun trigger in when i was having the problem. went home and installed the dpms factory trigger and works like a charm, not a single problem since then.