JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While unfortunate, it does at least rule out any issues with the trigger or bolt carrier group! That is good!

You are on the right track regarding the next step; there must be something wrong in the upper. As someone else mentioned previously, it could be excessive head-spacing in the chamber of your barrel, causing the rounds to seat too deep when in battery. Definitely check your barrel to ensure it is seated all the way!
As ^^^^ I agree. But, this thing fired when I first put it together. Then the adjustable gas block and now this? Man, I did something really bad in a past life!

Another idea just came to me that I forgot to mention along with the other troubleshooting steps!

Perhaps you have already done this, but try using the bolt carrier group from the upper you know is working, in the upper/lower combo that is currently not working!

Another idea just came to me that I forgot to mention along with the other troubleshooting steps!

Perhaps you have already done this, but try using the bolt carrier group from the upper you know is working, in the upper/lower combo that is currently not working!
You guys are awesome! I've got back to back to back Doctor appts. That are each a day killer. I plan on doing a set of pics and a history of what has been done. Even if I don't get this to run, I'll never be able to thank all of you for the education and desire to help! Thanks Guys! Got to go have my knees injected, before they want to replace them. I guess 3-gun is not going to be in my future.

You guys are awesome! I've got back to back to back Doctor appts. That are each a day killer. I plan on doing a set of pics and a history of what has been done. Even if I don't get this to run, I'll never be able to thank all of you for the education and desire to help! Thanks Guys! Got to go have my knees injected, before they want to replace them. I guess 3-gun is not going to be in my future.

mhady93, I can't tell you how I appreciated your time with me. Thanks. I offer you all my respect. This would include all the beer and BBQ you desire. Here's a few pics of the build. I've switched out every part of the black rain with the build piece by piece. I first put the whole black rain lower on the build's upper. The only part that does not exchange is the BC. There's a pic on the green upper where you can see a nick where the black rain's BC hits it. Trigger, bolt, pin, buffer spring and weight. each piece one at a time and in combinations. The only way I get this to fire is to put a small patch of duct tape on the head of the pin. This is also true for the black rain pin either in the builds bolt or the black rains' bolt. Both only work with a small patch of duct tape. I am pretty sure this is not a technique found in the Gunsmiths Handbook.

lAst8.jpg last3.jpg last 2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top