JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am starting to see more and more light primer strikes in DA. In SA, all rounds fire just fine. At first I thought it was just a few hard primers but I am starting to notice them more and more. Even with different ammo brands being used.

Is there anything I can adjust/change/tweak to solve this problem?

First thing to check is the strain screw. If it backs out the hammer fall weakens. Probably have to take the grips off. Front of the gripframe, down toward the bottom. Should be screwed all the way in, although some people "adjust" it by unscrewing it a turn or 2. While you have the grips off, look for bugs, crud, dead mice---anything gumming up the works that would retard the hammer fall. Unless you KNOW what you are doing, there probably isn't anything under the sideplate that you need to be concerned with.

Still hitting light? Couple of things you can do. If you just REALLY love the current trigger pull and don't want to do anything to mess with it, put in an extended firing
pin. Easy to do with the frame mounted pin guns. Don't want to do that? Put
a little more bend in the mainspring or replace it.

FWIW--it doesn't take a very hard primer to get misfires on a 625.
EVERYBODY that I know that shoots one in competition used Federal primers
They are the only thing that will light off 100% on a gun with a competition
trigger job.

ETA. Wow. Got the dreaded "bubblegum" for r-e-t-a-r-d as in "To hinder the advance or course of; impede;delay." Interesting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top