JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a brand new glock... I've seen this before... and have a sneaky suspicion. The bottom line... if it's not going to work for you, it just won't, but before I went through all the hassle of sending it back to glock I would have someone else do some test firing and see if they can duplicate the light strike. If so, and you're not comfortable diagnosing the issue, then warranty's are there for a reason.

On another note, you didn't mention if you did any after purchase use of products or such(?) A full teardown cleaning might might cure it... including pulling the channel liner for inspection.

Like I said though... I have a suspicion and would have someone else test fire and confirm the light strikes are mechanical before moving forward with anything too involved.
Haha can confirm that I am not limp wristing and yes I've had another shoot it and had the same issue.

I agree with @spookshack about disassembly of the striker assembly, inspecting the striker channel and striker assembly and cleaning if necessary.

But I respectfully DISAGREE with @spookshack about lubing/oiling the striker channel.

Do NOT lube / oil the striker channel, nor reassemble any striker parts with oil residue on them. Channel and striker assembly parts should be DRY after you clean them and reassemble.

Yes - disassemble (if you're comfortable with that level of disassembly) and inspect and clean the components. If you run a solvent patch through the striker channel, then make sure you run enough dry patches through it until it is dry. Then do NOT oil or lube. To do so will result in an immediate and significant build up of carbon/powder/gunk on the striker assembly and in the striker channel. That, of course, will easily cause striker problems in quick order. It will also contribute to gunking-up the extractor assembly and possibly the firing pin safety plunger assembly.

Glock striker channels / striker assemblies are designed to NOT be lubed.

Glocks are, inherently, designed to run "dry", as opposed to many other types of firearms.

Consult your user's manual for what points on a Glock should be oiled.

Best of luck solving your problem. Hope it works out.

EDIT: I watched the Johnny Glock vid posted above AFTER I wrote this post. LOL. 🤣
Sorry my post was confusing. I was not saying to lube or oil the striker channel, only that there should not be any lube/oil in there that could interfere with the function of the striker.

Sorry my post was confusing. I was not saying to lube or oil the striker channel, only that there should not be any lube/oil in there that could interfere with the function of the striker.
Copy that. We're on the same page. 👍

Going back and reviewing the post, I see how I mis-read it. My apologies.

Last Edited:
You could also take it to the GSSF match tomorrow and an armor will be able to diagnose and replace any out of spec parts.

The match is in Shedd Oregon at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club.

Called Glock and they said to send it in. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out.

Glad you're sending it in. That's a Glock issue. Let them spend time and money fixing their busted gun.

I've been noticing a lot of malfunctioning items being shipped. Been happening since covid.

I hope there is a quick turnaround and your gun comes back running right.

It's trying to fire out of battery.
There is no way I would put another round through it.

You said that the light strikes fired on the second try. I would really like to see a picture of the twice struck primer. If the light strike was off center and the strike that fired was on center, that would prove the first strike happened out of battery. The primer anvil could not do its job when the firing pin hit off center.

Another option is that the rectangular hole in the slide is whack, such that the firing pin can move up or down too much.

This is just my humble opinion and I'm sure someone will point out I'm wrong. :)

@Jacan4 -- did Glock resolve your issue with your G43x? I have a brand new G48 and am having the same exact problem (using various commercial ammo). I've already sent the gun back to Glock once, but they did not fix it. I'm at a loss on what to do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top