JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"A Estate Sales" is the company that is running the estate sale.
The sale is in Vancouver this Thursday and you can find more info on <broken link removed>

My experience is that gun safes sell for half of what a new one costs and you can also place a bid on it if you think it's priced too high.

1452575522_19.jpe

1452575522_19.jpe

Best to get there early and be first in line. Gun safes go quick.
They will post the address the night before.
If the safe is in the basement they are generally priced lower because of the headache of moving them up and out of the house. They want them gone.

By early you best get there 2+ hours before the posted opening time. My mom does Estate Sales for people and its common for an 8:00am start time to have people lining up at 6am in good weather. She is doing one that will start at 9am in March and we are planning on being ready to control dealers before 7am.

Depends on what's listed inside.
Some sales have a variety of goods that cross over to a lot of the re-salers and collectors.
This one is a little different. You would probably be the only one targeting the safe.
If there was a lot of firearm type stuff, then you would have a bunch of other guys looking at it.
You want to be the first twenty people entering and ask the sales folks where the safe is located by e-mail/phone before hand if possible.
I would state the question like this "Is the gun safe easy to move out of the house, or do I need professional movers to get it out of the basement?"

Estate sales are the best thing going, nothing better than getting a quality piece of furniture for $100 that would cost you $1500 at the store. Kitchen stuff is always worth it. Last month I picked up several hundred dollars worth of camera lens filters for ten bucks.

I've got rooms in my house furnished entirely from estates. Looking at the whole house, maybe two or three thousand total over the years for good quality mahogany furniture. Can't beat it.

I know a guy bought a collection of 10,000 classical music CDs for $1,000.

Some folks just want to get the stuff sold and out of there by the end of the weekend, others take their time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top