JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yes, we're a polarized country.

Leftists (of the give me free stuff army and don't judge me about anything)...vs. Conservatives.

I will be respectful towards leftists at the dinner table, or in public, unless they aren't to me.

I won't be bullied by extremists who insist I have to conform to whatever they find acceptable. I'm not their punching bag...

Pretty simple.

Merry Christmas!!
I always find it interesting that these libs are self-purported as "tolerant" but only if you tolerate their point of view.

I once had a sister-in-law like that. Every waking second was shaped by that point of view and she was a very hostile, mean-spirited person beyond that particular outlook. I never engaged in political discourse with her because I simply did not, and still don't, care. My father, on the other hand, would argue with her for hours.

She later lost her mind, was institutionalized for a bit, released, and heavily medicated (to this day, as far as I know). Her marriage fell apart shortly after my brother came back from the war and I've never seen her again, nor would want to.
I am genuinely sorry for people who are subject to constant "bear poking". I have made it known in no uncertain terms that doing such things can errode friendships and does not show love, no matter their relationship to you. I also stress that I will still love them in spite of such differences and ask that they do the same for me. If relatives STILL insist on bear pokes you ask them why they insist on further erroding their relationship with you, noting that it makes you very sad! For me it especially hurts if they are a son or daughter. I also show emotion and even tears. They do sooner or later see the light of such folly and I am thankful. I don't push my level of religion or political beliefs on them but just keep showing love. That's all you can do. Any relative outside of your own immediate family is not worth the investment in emotional tramua.

Another interesting aspect of my cousins' liberal fanaticism is he tends to apply everything he espouses to the environment somehow.

WIth regard to his rant about Trump and the wind turbine bird issue he was no doubt thinking he was wrong about this but his 'round a bout' point was that it is CLEAN energy.

It wouldn't matter to him if they cost more to build and to pay landowners to erect them on their property that they made back in power as long as it is CLEAN.

He despises hunting because everything has a 'right' to live.

He once went off on some bizzare tirade about something he heard about Oregon and the EPA and somehow came up with the idea because Central Oregon did not have an 'active' EPA establishment Oregon was in the road to becoming a wasteland of filth.

Everything is wrong in his opinion if it negatively affects the environment in ANY way, and as long as the environment is NOT affected, or improved then it is OK to him no matter the cost, what it takes in resources etc.

Guess he doesn't mind roaches, bedbugs or spiders in his domain?

Guess he's also a veggie-tarian?

Does he volunteer to clean up human waste and used needles?

Let me guess....

For example , if I were to say :
I like guns and enjoy owning them...
And if someone were to say in reply :
I don't... And I think that no one should guns either...

How does just saying that , ruin my world or thoughts...?
It SHOULDN'T 'ruin your world' or thoughts unless you allow it to and hopefully you do not.

I would like to think in this example most of us (in a similar situation) would not allow it to either and could just 'agree to disagree' with no further debate or argument.

However turn this around and for example If an anti were to start by saying , "I think guns are bad and should be banned , and if a pro 2A person were to answer with something like 'Well I have a right to gun ownership as a provision of the 2A' I guarantee the anti would be affected and probably react with lots of anti gun ranting.

In the case of my cousin if I were to answer any of his 'anti' rants (about anything) no matter how respectful, rational, calm or educated I am he will 'go off' irrationally and angrily and would probably use Trump as an excuse as I am 'believing his lies' or because I listen to FOX news and 'it is not real news' OR he would try to take a 'superior' position (as most antis do) and try to 'educate' me with his own opinions and thoughts.

Guess he doesn't mind roaches, bedbugs or spiders in his domain?
Don't know - but he does allow the tarantulas to burrow in his yard.

Guess he's also a veggie-tarian?
No he is not - but he would no doubt argue this one by using the environment again, ya know, ''Clean organized ranching' , 'Proper herd maintenance' 'Government oversight' etc.

Does he volunteer to clean up human waste and used needles?
I am quite sure this is a no.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top