JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it came down to martial law, I think I'd be okay since I'm active duty. My wife is in the medical field and we have enough medical supplies at home to match some small ERs, lol. We also keep large med kits in our vehicles at all times. I am also an Oath Keeper if that makes my fellow man more comfortable with me being on the "other side" when it comes to martial law, which I hope it does.

I have a lot of plastic gloves and I have a number of filter masks.

They aren't for ebola, rather for painting and spraying stuff.

I also live in the boonies and I can easily work from home. I have enough food that I could stay out of a grocery store for months. I could also have food delivered.

I would not worry about ebola - I don't think it will get far outside of 3rd world countries.

What I would worry about is something like an avian flu outbreak - migratory birds could spread it and there is no keeping them out. If we ever have something like the 1918 flu pandemic then that would be worth staying home for - not sure how much good it would do but it wouldn't hurt and it might help.

We live rural now. Big enuff landmass to support current population. We'd have to elect a local gubmint so we could quarantine the place but it could be a ugly. Hard to say. Some folks are snowbirds so I'd like to see shtf during the winter. Hee hee. Would try not to interact with many people. My job would likely dry up but lord willing we can grow enough to survive beyond our several month food sources. Nearly 60 sq miles of land and a handful of Leo's. Definitely interesting times it would be as the Chinese say.

Brutus out

I have a lot of plastic gloves and I have a number of filter masks.

They aren't for ebola, rather for painting and spraying stuff.

I also live in the boonies and I can easily work from home. I have enough food that I could stay out of a grocery store for months. I could also have food delivered.

I would not worry about ebola - I don't think it will get far outside of 3rd world countries.

What I would worry about is something like an avian flu outbreak - migratory birds could spread it and there is no keeping them out. If we ever have something like the 1918 flu pandemic then that would be worth staying home for - not sure how much good it would do but it wouldn't hurt and it might help.

What has gone unmentioned thus far in the whole ebola outbreak, it maintains itself in zoonotic reservoirs, who knows if Ebola were to come to the US it wouldnt' setup in squirrels or some other critter so we would be dealing with Ebola for a very long time. It's important to remember that Yersina pestis (black plague) is present in wild squirrel populations in much of the US and that people are occasionally infected.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top