JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a question some of you legal eagels may be able to answer, Now to start I have nothing to hide everything I own is legit and legal (for now). My question is, if in the future searches are to be conducted for banned or otherwise illegal weapons, If I submit to let the police search my home (with a valid search warrent of course) does that warrant also give them the right to look in a locked safe? would I have to unlock the safe or would that require a second search warrant. Just a question that popped in my head as I am purchasing a safe to replace a gun cabinet (added security and piece of mind). thanks for your time.

Most of the time they will get one for a search of your entire home that would include the safe and it's contents. As I'm sure you are aware, this will never happen. There will be no police at your door asking to search your home for firearms. There are places in this country that if that were to happen the police would likely get the bullets first and then the gun, if you get my drift.

If they have a warrant, then they don't need your permission. Warrants are often specific - if they are looking for guns, then the gun safe will be the likely target as well. If you don't give them the combination, they will force their way in. Enjoy your new safe! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top